• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

[Austin] Cooking Supply stores

firedogut

• 3 months later...

there is not a sur la table in austin. closest is in houston.

some local stores:

Chef's Toolbox

Breed & Company

Ace Mart

ABC Restaurant Supply

but i don't think the prices are really that much cheaper. your best bet, and my favorite are Ross Dress for Less and TJ Max which have awesome discounted kitchenware and gadgets.

Edited by yimay (log)

there is not a sur la table in austin. closest is in houston.

some local stores:

Chef's Toolbox

Breed & Company

Ace Mart

ABC Restaurant Supply

but i don't think the prices are really that much cheaper. your best bet, and my favorite are Ross Dress for Less and TJ Max which have awesome discounted kitchenware and gadgets.

Also check out Zinger's on Anderson between Burnet & Mopac. I did most of my Christmas shopping there, and they have a lot of cooking gear.

Edited by franktex (log)

Frank in Austin

• 2 weeks later...

Is Chef's toolbox still at it's location? I thought that I saw a PC place where it used to be across from Central Market.

As an alternative to Acemart, you might want to check out Mission restaurant supply. It's a little bit smaller than Ace Mart, but it has everything that the home chef needs. they are located at 6509 Lamar. Here's the link: http://www.missionrs.com/

Enjoy!

Think before you drink.......I think I'll have another!