• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Blue Ribbon

What do you think of Blue Ribbon and its offshoots? Are they really meccas for off-duty NYC chefs, and do they live up to their reputation?

Also, do you ever eat dinner at the James Beard House to check out what everyone else is currently doing? (I'd imagine it would save you a fortune in travel expenses.)

I like Blue Ribbon--particularly the bakery (which serves bone marow). But it's really busy--and not as much a chef hang out as it used to be. APT is okay for after work drinks. Double Happiness...The ceviche bar at Chicama just before closing...The sake place downstairs--across the street from Yasuda. My after work, late night haunt remains Siberia Bar. If we think we'll need food, somebody'll bring some.

abourdain