• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Looking for unusual ingredients in Seattle

The above link doesn't work unless you subscribe to Food and Wine.

I've found cockles at the asian supermarket one block south and a half a block east of 12th and Jackson. Can't remember the name. That was a while ago.

If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?

The above link doesn't work unless you subscribe to Food and Wine. 

I've found cockles at the asian supermarket one block south and a half a block east of 12th and Jackson.  Can't remember the name.  That was a while ago.

Its "Lums Seafood Market" I brought some recently together with "Diver Caught Singing Scallop's " both live.

Irwin

I don't say that I do. But don't let it get around that I don't.

I was in Lam's Seafood Market (Little Saigon, King St between 12th Ave and Rainier) last week and they were selling fresh "bull penis and fry." Plastic wrapped on the foam tray and everything.

The Hop Thanh Market is selling frozen rabbit at the Hop Thanh (southwest corner of 12th and Jackson).

I was in Lam's Seafood Market (Little Saigon, King St between 12th Ave and Rainier) last week and they were selling fresh "bull penis and fry." Plastic wrapped on the foam tray and everything.

Well, at least it's fresh. :raz:

Wonder how one would cook that on the grill??? :blink:

Sacred cows make the best hamburger.

- Mark Twain, 1835 - 1910