• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seared?

Will the movie version of KC see the light of day? And more importantly who will star as you?  At the showings can we chant (ala Rocky Horror) "EM-ERIL SUCKS! EM-ERIL SUCKS!" until our throats are bloody and our voices hoarse?

Tim

"An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup." - H. L. Mencken

Tim, Ronnie. Hola!

Film of KC? I have no idea. I try not to think about, get hopeful, be involved in any way. The studio has re-optioned it,,,a new director, I believe is on it. I know nothing more--and try, very deliberately, to remain ignorant of the status of the "project"  as it all seems like poisoned candy out there. Both Bone and Bamboo have been optioned many times--and I guess I know better than to get too jacked on anything I do hear.As they say: Assume the worst. You will never be disappointed.

abourdain

Hey Tony,

You never did give us the dirt on the Beard awards. Come on we want dish.

BTW - we miss you at the Leftovers

Tim

"An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup." - H. L. Mencken

Whenever I read that a favourite book is going to be filmed, I hardly ever think,"Oh great, I can't wait to see it"  because the screen version rarely adds anything to the experience of that first read. So I'm not waiting with baited breath for Brad Pitt to give us his Bourdain, although I could quite see from your point of view it could be a fun and deeply enrichening experience!

Whenever I read that a favourite book is going to be filmed, I hardly ever think,"Oh great, I can't wait to see it"  because the screen version rarely adds anything to the experience of that first read. So I'm not waiting with baited breath for Brad Pitt to give us his Bourdain, although I could quite see from your point of view it could be a fun and deeply enrichening experience!

I'd love to see the 2 Anthony's star in KC.  Antonio Sabato Jr. could play the younger Bourdain  Click here , and Anthony Bourdain could play himself in the older years.  :smile:  Bourdain goes to Hollywood next.   And after you win your first acadamy award, we will all be able to say we knew you way back... when you were on eGullet!  If you decline the role, my second choice would be Russell Crowe to play the role of Bourdain.  Although I have not heard his band, assuming it's a good one, he could play his own music in the kitchen while cooking.