• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cook's Tour - Peubla

I seem to recall from the book you had mentioned in passing not enjoying Chiles en Nogada. (if not the rest of this post is moot, move on)

I was curious about this, as this is supposedly one of the more popular festive dishes much like the turkey (guajalote en mole) that was featured nicely in the show.

What about the dish did you find objectionable, or could you elaborate on the composition of the version you were served?

Also, were there any other particular items you were fond of in Mexico that didn't make the cut in the book/show (besides iguana)?

Finally, why is the West Coast so much better than the E.. (just kidding).

Thanks  :smile:

...I thought I had an appetite for destruction but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

I don't know. I just didn't like the overwhelming perfume of undercooked pignoles..the dried fruit..the cream sauce. It was too sweet for me. Matter of taste I suppose. Just about everything else in Mexico I loved.

abourdain