• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Irn Bru

M.X.Hassett

I have alway wanted to try Irn Bru from Scottland. I know it is chock full of chemicals and god knows what else but hey I realy want to try this stuff. So does anyone know any sources for this in North Jersey I am in Teaneck. Mail order sources welcome to. Thanks.

I have alway wanted to try Irn Bru from Scottland. I know it is chock full of chemicals and god knows what else but hey I  realy want to try this stuff. So does anyone know any sources for this in North Jersey I am in Teaneck. Mail order sources welcome to. Thanks.

Tea and Sympathy in Manhattan stocks this. Perhaps you can call them to see if they deliver?

What does it taste like?  I'm assuming even though it's orange, it doesn't taste like orange ha.

Imagine a cross between better-living-through-chemistry orange soda and Vernor's ginger ale, but with lots more sugar and less carbonation. I'd stick to the Islay malts.

Bob Libkind aka "rlibkind"

Robert's Market Report