• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Serious Foodie Class in Vancouver

Daddy-A

• 6 months later...

Alexandra Gill is taking the Serious Foodie Class. Her article on knife skills in the Globe today: Blades of Glory

I am currently enrolled in a cooking class for the serious home cook at the Northwest Culinary Academy of Vancouver. Acquiring basic knife skills has been the most exciting part of the course so far. It has also been one of the most confusing.

Cheers,

Anne

Alexandra Gill is taking the Serious Foodie Class. Her article on knife skills in the Globe today:  Blades of Glory
I am currently enrolled in a cooking class for the serious home cook at the Northwest Culinary Academy of Vancouver. Acquiring basic knife skills has been the most exciting part of the course so far. It has also been one of the most confusing.

My prayers are with Chef Tony. :laugh:

Good PR for NWAC

A.

• 2 months later...

After having taken Serious Foodie Pastry 1 and 2 I have finally signed up for the Serious Foodie Culinary Basics begining January 22nd. Is anyone else signed up?

Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Orison Swett Marden

I signed up for the Serious Pastry classes this month...

I am DYING to make almond croissant  :raz:

I got a Christmas gift class for Feb. Sticky Buns yum!!!

"There are two things every chef needs in the kitchen: fish sauce and duck fat" - Tony Minichiello

• 7 months later...

I went to the Spring session and like everyone else has said it was well worth the money. I loved every minute of it! If you're considering it, call and sign up ASAP. :)

Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Orison Swett Marden