• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

tofino eats

easy

Ask and ye shall receive! :smile:

Enjoy your trip Erik!

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

Local updates:

Pointe restaurant - still much the same, new items introduced weekly - couple of big wine dinners coming up this fall, including a sake dinner in the new year.

Raincoast cafe - still consistently getting nods for some of the best food in the area - day in and day out!

Schooner - new outside deck great for lunch -still busy

Shelter - menu is getting smaller, wine list seems to be disappearing - although fall purchases from the wineries may help, but lately seems to be out of a good number of wines.

Sobo in the Gardens - still great food in fun kickback atmosphere - really really good margaritas!

Surfside Pizza - gone to winter hours open Wednesday - Sunday only

Patisserie Conradi - ex-Pointe pastry chef opens own place in town - days only - great thin crust pizzas with gourmet toppings - excellent pastries!

Does anyone have any recomendations for good eats in Tofino. I'm sure there's a thread here somewhere on this but I can't find it.

cheers

Wickininnish for lunch :) The view is unbelievable. The food is good value for lunch. The dinner is a multi-course extraveganza but be ready to put out $100/pp without wine.

"There are two things every chef needs in the kitchen: fish sauce and duck fat" - Tony Minichiello

I can recommend Breakers in Tofino if you're looking for a casual take-out lunch. It's located across the street from the Co-Op grocery store. They look like mainly a coffee place (which we didn't try), but they also sell muffins, salads, sandwiches and some pretty decent pizza.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

www.leecarney.com