• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Who's your favorite Vancouver Chef

j_edge

That was the best laugh I had all week.

How does that read ? Is the emphasis in heavy or puck bunny ?

Do I adjust my marketing plan to lure some of the skinny puck bunny's in from down the street ?

Matinée Idol ?

Although all of us ( men ) see ourselves as Richard Gere in "American Gigolo", reality sets in as Ernest Borgnine in "Escape from New York".

Neil Wyles

Hamilton Street Grill

www.hamiltonstreetgrill.com

Although all of us ( men ) see ourselves as Richard Gere in "American Gigolo", reality sets in as Ernest Borgnine in "Escape from New York".

Dude - I get asked if I am Margaret Cho all the time - talk about an ego killer. :shock:

As for favorite chefs - the usual suspects such as Feenie, Hawksworth, Vij, Clarke etc...

But I think I like Nico at Chambar the most. His food has depth, consistency, and discipline - but it is imaginative and fresh at the same time. He has really adhered to the $20 limit on his entrees while still being generous to his diners. Last time I was there - I had a large portion of fantastic elk loin for $20 bucks! Insane I tell you. BTW - I think that it would be okay if he broke the $20 barrier.

hodge-podge Posted Today, 10:16 AM

Scott Kidd is one of the craziest S.O.B.'s out there. But, his passion for local product, nurturing his crew, and spreading the gospel of BC cuisine would definetely put him in a postion as my favorite Vancouver chef.

I know people who have worked with him - and they echo your sentiments exactly... Is he still at Cafe de Paris? Anyone gone lately?

Edited by canucklehead (log)