• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Olive oil in Montreal?

jfl91

Whether she thinks Manni is worth the money or not, it is NOT her place as a supposedly objective journalist to make a subjective assessment about a product she has never consumed, or subjective assessment about those who consume said product.

umm, before you blow a blood vessel, Mr. Gandey:

a) Lesley Chesterman resigned as the board moderator for Montreal eGullet, so she is here purely as someone with a passion for food, and can say or think whatever she wants.

b) her only responsibility as a journalist is to her employer(s) and paying readers. and hence, not to you (unless you're paying for and/or reading the Gazette at the time) or any people posting here.

such animosity... :angry:

"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the ocean."

--Isak Dinesen

Is there any chance of finding some of this year's oil from Italy by the 12th of november? If so, where? I am planning a degustation of sorts which I would like to treat with new oil if I can. I specify Italian oil simply because the cuisine will be italian.