• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cheap Global knives

Hattori Santoku this time, and I love it, £52 delivered and it's the best knife I have, 100% usable.

I can't see that a knife can be better than the Hattoris, unless anyone knows any better.......

Strange isn't it that £100 is seen as exceptionally expensive even for an extraordinary knife to last a lifetime, but may not be enough for a single decent meal out for two... ?

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch ... you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan

Strange to some, I cook more than I eat out, so actively seek out the best tools to cook with

For the avoidance of doubt, thats a motivation and an aspiration that I share!

Edited by dougal (log)

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch ... you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan