• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Front Street Smokehouse, Elizabeth

TMus1111

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we finally made it to FSS on Sunday. We had some duets, trios, pig outs and chicken fingers for the little one (and they were really good). I loved the beef rib, really liked the baby back ribs, sausage was great and so was the chicken and pulled pork.

A couple of months ago I told my brother about FSS and he had remembered when he had to put together an office party. He went up and met Bruce and he had FSS cater the party for about 30-40 people. My brother wasn't sure about how much food there really would be and so in true Italian form he ordered tons of food. Well, guess what his office is going to have another party and they are all asking for FSS to cater it again! Bruce said that they can come with a smoker or whatever and actually cook onsite. Who knows they may do that in future too.

Anyway, I don't remember who first posted about this place, but, I'm really glad you did.

P.S. The weather was so nice on Sunday that we went across the street in the park and watched a really large barge come in and get unloaded along with numerous boats going thru what I think is called the Arthur Kill. We were also surprised to see so many fish and blue claw crabs in the water.

• 1 year later...

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump! :raz: Anyone been to Front Street lately? A friend and I were just discussing the fact that we haven't heard boo about the place in ages...

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump!  :raz:  Anyone been to Front Street lately?  A friend and I were just discussing the fact that we haven't heard boo about the place in ages...

We were just there the other day and it is still as great as ever. You can not beat the chili. The raspberry wings are a great app.

• 1 year later...

According to a post on Chowhound, Front Street closed about 6 weeks ago. :sad:

I hope those guys are still competing and that they resurface somewhere with more traffic so they can make more of a go of it!

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

According to a post on Chowhound, Front Street closed about 6 weeks ago.  :sad:

I hope those guys are still competing and that they resurface somewhere with more traffic so they can make more of a go of it!

noooooooooooo! I am very bummed. I loved Front Street!

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne