• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Front Street Smokehouse, Elizabeth

TMus1111

I'm not waiting for Eric's pictures to put in my two cents...WOW! and WOW! Go now. This place is fantastic. I've never been to Elisabeth, but it was easy to find and easy to park. Right opposite a nice park on the waterfront (but too chilly for a stroll today). The inside is gorgeous and cozy. When I arrived alone, Bruce made me feel welcome at the bar until everyone else arrived. A group of 3 egulleters was just leaving and we were 4 adults and 2 children, and met up with another egullet couple.

Bloody Mary and "pigtinis" to start (Absolut, Absolut raspberry and lemonade-yum). A basket of delicious corn muffins and a bowl of pickles. We ordered the Fred Flintstone as an appetizer - oh my god! BBQ heaven with pitchers of warm vinegar style sauce.

There was also a black bean and pork quesadilla, but the beef rib was the star.

Four of us ordered the "Pig out" (guaranteed leftovers) which was a 1/2 slab of ribs and choice of 3 meats (brisket, pulled pork, sausage or chicken drumstick) and 2 sides (coleslaw, BBQ black beans, mac and cheese, fries, sweetpotato fries, spanich rice and ????something else) We mostly got coleslaw and beans with one mac and cheese and ordered a basket of sweet potato fires for the table. The only meat we didn't get was the chicken. Everything was delicious. The rub on the brisket and ribs was great, the sausage were spicy and full of flavor. The beans had chunks of pork in them and the coleslaw was made with rough cut red cabbage which disappeared quickly. The house sauce was great on everything including the fries! We all left full and carrying enough leftovers for another full meal (plus the Flintstone bone for my dog!). Another group of egulleters arrived as we were finishing up. The place is very kid friendly with a full kids menu. I will definitely be bringing my two there in the near future. This is the real deal.

Dana

I'm with you, Dana...if we wait for the pics, well...:raz:

First of all, kudos and thanks to TMus and Daniel for finding this gem in the BBQ wilderness that is NJ! I do know the pressure of singing the praises of a place, esp a new one, but you were spot on in recommending Front Street. Bruce, thanks to you and your bride for making us feel welcome and for the yummy eats! A minute of conversation is all it takes to see that you're passionate about what you do.

Dana gave a great synopsis--and I agree that the beef rib was wonderful. We all loved it! It was a big hunk 'o meaty/fatty/beefiness, and sharing it between 6 adults was the way to go--b/c then we could try all of the other meats! Of the platter ($24.95, iirc) we ordered, I think the pulled pork was my favorite, but that's in no way meant to dis the other offerings. I had cole slaw and baked (black) beans as my side dishes, along with the cornbread, and definitely have at least another 1-2 meals left from it. I also had the Briar's birch beer, which was a frosty, frothy treat. And the sweet potato fries were fantastic--esp when I started swiping them through the bbq sauce and beef rib drippings! :wub: The only thing I didn't love was the brisket, and yet, I'm torn. It has great flavor, but just like every BBQ brisket I've ever eaten, I found it a bit dry. Is that b/c I'm used to Jewish brisket recipes, which tend to be marinated and sliced thicker? I wonder. But as I said, the FSS version does have great flavor.

I was surprised by how quiet it was when we got there, but I'm guessing that this part of the world is far busier on weekdays. I just wish I could find a way to pick up the whole building and move it to...say...Lyndhurst. It would be a GREAT local spot to have, but I guess I'll have to make the 20 min trek to Elizabeth on the weekends instead! The place is really comfortable (including the chairs) and welcoming, and we were all enjoying the different BBQ competition posters that are around the restaurant and in the restrooms. The one near our table said Memphis: the 4th(?) fattest city in the country...striving to be #1. :laugh: Bruce mentioned that they are already entered in the NJ BBQ competition that takes place in Wildwood in July (?) and that they plan to be at the annual Guitarbeque in Asbury Park this summer as well.

I doubt I'll even think about getting hungry again today, but I really am looking forward to having the leftovers for dinner tomorrow...! :biggrin:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Seven of us went on Sat. night (from No. Bergen). Everything that has been said previously is 100% true. Besides being treated like royality, we left with bottles of hot sauce, BBQ sauce and two types of dipping (schmearing) sauces. The Fred Flinstone and the sausages were perfect. Three adults, four teens that inhaled everything except the bones from the two Flintstones. which the dog finished yesterday, $200 tax and tip and drinks included.

I'm a NYC expat. Since coming to the darkside, as many of my freinds have said, I've found that most good things in NYC are made in NJ.

i guess i'll jump on the bandwagon here.

i showed up for breakfa..., errrr, an early lunch on sunday, and had a very good experience.

first off, bruce was born for the business. it shows. certainly the experience wouldn't have been as pleasurable had it not been for bruce behind the bar. although that's not to say that it wouldn't have been good, but, a good barman goes a long way any morning of the week.

we all agreed that the ribs were excellent. we also all agreed that the sauce here is excellent. and we further agreed that the sauce on the smoked sausage was just wonderful. we didn't agree that the flinstone beef rib was excellent. some found it tough, while others found it tender and juicy. the sides were very good and all had a unique spin to my mind, setting them apart from what could have easily been run-of-the-mill sides. the black beans, for example, seemed to appropriately pay homage to the environs (in fact they are the brainchild of bruce's wife).

bruce mentioned the possibilty of expanding the place. in my mind i see it becoming some sort of huge BBQ and bluegrass amusement park for me and my friends, with pool tables, rooftop eating and drinking, 2 stages with banjos and washboards and stand-up basses. i would think the owners have slightly different ideas, but that would be pretty cool for me.

I think I walked by Tommy on my way into FSSH yesterday. Too bad Tommy, it would have been nice to say hello.

I just want to lend my voice to the chorus here and say that this is as good a BBQ restaurant as I've been to in NJ. I don't want to get back into the debate about the inability of a NJ restaurant to put out high quality BBQ because I think Bruce and his staff have shattered that myth into a million pieces.

Between lunch and dinner we had a good representation of the ribs, pork, brisket. I wish we'd had the chili and the chicken but thats what return visits are made for. Count me in the corner of those who loved the beef rib. We also had the black bean quesadilla and I thought that was excellent as well.

I'm also looking forward to seeing the pictures taken by Eric (nudge, nudge) and it was great to share a meal with fellow eGer's. Beth and Eric, your girls are really great, Stephanie and I really enjoyed meeting them.

I'm sure I'll have more to say after going back but I do encourage everyone to go and check this place out. Its kind of off the beaten path but its an easy trip and well worth it. This is the kind of restaurant that we should be supporting.

Its kind of off the beaten path but its an easy trip and well worth it. This is the kind of restaurant that we should be supporting.

I agree, we should be supporting this place.. I have emailed the reviewer from the Starledger and am trying to find the email address of the reviewer for the NYT NJ section... Hopefully, a couple of good reviews in a Newspaper will get them more recognition..

I've had a couple of people ask me about the location and whether or not it's safe, so I figured I'd take this question public...

Imo, this is someplace I definitely wouldn't go to on my own at night, but if I had a big strapping guy with me, I doubt I'd be worried. (Volunteers? :biggrin: )

It's not so much b/c of where the restaurant is located, but rather, because of the drive in through Elizabeth. It's definitely not horrible--I've worked in Newark for the last 8 years, so I'm used to driving through and near the sketchy neighborhoods, but I think for now I'll stick to weekend lunches/early dinners. Fwiw, I took the directions from Exit 13A; it's all of about 3 miles once you leave the Turnpike, and very direct. And the restaurant itself is really nice--they did a great job redoing the place!

For those who live/work in the area, can you please chime in with some comments? Is the area really busy on weekdays? Is it a ghost town at night? I'm curious to hear your input on the subject, and assure you that others are as well.

Aside: I reheated most of my leftovers for dinner tonight. YUUUUM! :wub:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

Daniel, I also e-mailed the reviewer from the Starledger, so hopefully he will check FSS out.

And yes, it is off the beaten path - and word of mouth will probably be very important for them to survive.

As for safety, I have lived in Elizabeth for 35 years (and Curlz I also work in Newark, for 15 years) so I would probably feel safe going to FSS at most anytime. But I kinda understand the concern, and for most people, the actual location of FSS is probably not the question, but perhaps the route to get there. I would say that the directions from 13 are "less scenic" than those from 13A simply because the directions from 13A have you on 3rd Street, a pretty busy street, although you may not necessarily want to stop and talk at night time. (not to be confused with the directions from 13 which have you on 3rd Avenue which is not very busy). The directions from 13 take you through an industrial and less populated part of Elizabeth, so its really a matter of which situation you feel more comfortable in. The location of the restaurant is at the end of a main street, right where that street meets the waterfront, and therefore unless you are going to FSS, there isn't much reason to be there. The area is busier during the day than at night though. But I think the answer to this situation is for everyone to come out to FSS so that it is always busy and full of people. :wub:

Edited to use Daniel's description of "less scenic" just because I like the way it sounds and because I certainly don't want to give anyone the wrong impression. Like almost anywhere, as long as you are alert and aware of your surroundings, you should be fine. Like Daniel says, the locals never bother him.

Edited by TMus1111 (log)

I've had a couple of people ask me about the location and whether or not it's safe, so I figured I'd take this question public...

Imo, this is someplace I definitely wouldn't go to on my own at night, but if I had a big strapping guy with me, I doubt I'd be worried.  (Volunteers? :biggrin:

It's not so much b/c of where the restaurant is located, but rather, because of the drive in through Elizabeth.  It's definitely not horrible--I've worked in Newark for the last 8 years, so I'm used to driving through and near the sketchy neighborhoods, but I think for now I'll stick to weekend lunches/early dinners.   Fwiw, I took the directions from Exit 13A; it's all of about 3 miles once you leave the Turnpike, and very direct.  And the restaurant itself is really nice--they did a great job redoing the place! 

For those who live/work in the area, can you please chime in with some comments?  Is the area really busy on weekdays?  Is it a ghost town at night?  I'm curious to hear your input on the subject, and assure you that others are as well.

Aside: I reheated most of my leftovers for dinner tonight.  YUUUUM!   :wub:

It is less “scenic” when exiting at 13 with a right turn at the first light on Atlantic street, a right turn on 3rd avenue, a left turn on 1st street and then a right turn on Elizabeth Ave. The on street parking is plentiful and no problem.. They soon will have a fenced in parking lot within the next month. Can’t put down asphalt when it is this cold.

Also you have a really nice more formal restaurant down the street called Manolo's... The Sopranos film the restaurant scenes at this location.. Sure its a rough neighborhood, but there are clear lines of where not to go.. Going from car to restaurant is no problem.. I work right in the area where people might be not feel comfortable driving.. Most of my restaurant reviews are from places in this area and I have never had a problem..

Edited by Daniel (log)

I am the third partner in Front Street Smokehouse. (Some of you may have seen me with Bruce Kain on the BBQ with Bobby Flay segment). Try these directions from Exit 13A: After you pay the toll, get into your far right and follow "Jersey Gardens Blvd." Go through the first light (actually a turn-around), and make a right at the next light onto Veterans Memorial Drive. Go to the next light and make a left onto Trumbull Street. Go through the next light until you get to the stop sign. Make a right onto First Street. At the next stop sign, make a left onto Pine Street, and then your first right onto Front Street. Follow Front Street down along the river until you get to Elizabeth Ave. We are on the far right corner.

This is a more "scenic" route. While these directions involve more turns than your navigation system or Mapquest may tell you, it is the same distance as continuing straight on Veterans Memorial Drive.

As far as safety, I can tell you I have worked within a mile of the restaurant for 18 years, and have never had a problem. As with any urban area, you must always be vigilant. As with other urban areas there are certain blocks I avoid, but none of them are in the surrounding area of the restaurant. I have frequented other restaurants in the area at night without a problem. As Daniel pointed out, the Spanish restaurant Manolo's is up the block from us. This is a "white linen" upscale restaurant that has been in the neighborhood for years. They get a large business crowd for lunch, and people drive into the area from all over for dinner. (For you Sopranos fans, they used the site to blow-up the original "Vesuvio" restaurant. They have also filmed a few episodes there. A picture of Gandolfini with the owners sits on the bar when you walk in).

As with other riverfront cities, people are now discovering the potential of the Elizabeth waterfront. If you follow my directions above, you will see the massive Riverfront development that is going on. You will pass the new 1/2 million dollar townhouse development going up on the waterfront. You will see the new "Riverwalk" they are building with early 1900's lamposts that is slated to extend north to the Jersey Gardens Mall (where there are plans for a ferry to NYC). They are expanding the marina. Two blocks north of the restaurant the Board of Education is building a new school.

Once the weather gets warm, we will be finishing the fenced-in parking lot behind our building. In the meantime, there is plenty of parking next to the building, and next to the park across the street.

I hope this answers some of the questions regarding the area. I invite comments and suggestions, and thank all of you for your kind words and support of Front Street Smokehouse and Saloon.

Thanks, Bruce. This is exactly the kind of info I was hoping to get from someone who really knows the area! I'm in the same situation here in Newark...been working here for 7+ years, and I know where it's fine, where' it's 'fringe,' and where I shouldn't go. Obviously, basic safety rules apply anywhere, but I really appreciate your being up front with us!

Thanks again--you've got a GREAT place, and many more of us need to become regular customers. :smile:

Hey Bruce,

Welcome to Egullet!! Thats great you are here..Looking forward to hearing all your secretes. For your second post would you mind giving us the recipe for you dry rub and bbq sauce? :biggrin:

Seriously, what a great place you have.. Looking forward to going there for many years to come.. Can you wish someone Mazel Tov on there BBQ place? :biggrin:

Can you wish someone Mazel Tov on there BBQ place?  :biggrin:

Absolutely! I'll even join you on that one!

My question is if I can order pulled pork, ribs and sausage for my Seder. :raz:

I , as a female arriving alone, did not feel at all uncomfortable. (Of course I lived in the East Village in the 70's :unsure: ) Parking was easy and the waterfront park is nice. The area is obviously heading up with lots of new construction. Of course the usual urban precautions, but those things are second nature if you enjoy exploring the city or have lived there.

I am trying to get down there again this weekend with my sons, who had my leftovers for lunch (there was that much!) and are really looking to trying FSS first hand.

Really, try this place. We need to support them to make sure they stay around!

Dana

Although I believe that I was suffering from a meat hangover this morning, dinner at the bar at FSS was terrific last night! Great way to really feel the vibe of the place, and to get to know (the other partner) Phil and hear more about the history of the partnership, the building, and the area. I'm sorry to say that I didn't get our bartender's name, but she did a great job of keeping us hydrated, anticipating our needs. What more can you ask for?!? :smile: Oh, yeah...MEAT.

Since I hadn't tried the chili last time and others have raved about it, that was on the 'must-have' list. This stuff is INSANE. It's all meat--we were told that it has a little of everything, thrown together, including what I believe I referred to as some "carmely goodness" every few bites. With onion and cheese on top, this is easily a meal. We shared a small bowl as an app, along with (ahem) a beef rib. I'm with Daniel...hang one around my neck so I can gnaw on it all day long! :biggrin: Tender and beefy and just delicious. Of course, I coulda, woulda, shoulda stopped then, but we just had to have some pulled pork. And ribs. I don't believe I held up my half of the eating, but I did do a good bit of my share. The cornbread muffins (are those pieces of apple in there?!?) are yummy, I love the sauce, and the place just begs for you to come and stay.

I did take the route suggested by BruceT (above)...I will refer to it as "the scenic route" from now on, and I do believe that it will prove to be a better way to come in from Exit 13A for most people. It didn't seem longer--just has a few more turns, but they're all very well-marked streets. Next time, I'll try the approach from Exit 13 just so I know them all.

Great to see (the other) Bruce again, too...thanks again for another yummy meal! I am SO happy to have good Q and a great bar sorta nearby!

:biggrin::cool::laugh::smile::wink::raz::wub::wacko:

I sometimes think I gain weight reading this site and looking at the pictures. This thread got me fiending for some BBQ so I packed the kids in the car and off we went to Elizabeth.

I've got to agree with Daniel the place IS great and they are serving some of the best BBQ I have had. Without a doubt it is the best within roadtrip distance of Manhattan.

Bruce, Phil and Phil's wife were just amazingly friendly and made the experience fun.

The kids all had the kids meals, two ribs and one chicken. This is the first time I've ever seen the main attraction ribs on a kids menu in a BBQ place, most of the time we have to order up for the kids and split it, it was great we didn't have to do that here(if you have kids you know they don't like sharing with sibs OR feeling like a kid at 8). My wife had ribs with rice and slaw, I had the trio with ribs, brisket and pulled pork with beans :wub: and SP fries. Bruce helped point out one of the errors in our ordering and suggested a nice sausage starter. You MUST try the sausage, they are amazing!!

If you haven't yet....GO. There is no other place we will be going next time that BBQ urge hits!

My oldest son, a true carnivore after my own heart worked over the sausages with me, polished off his ribs and then proceeded to dip into my brisket and pork. The pulled pork is so good I ordered a pork sandwich to go! We were in hog heaven. Next time he wants to try the Flinstone rib!

Mike

Edited by NYC Mike (log)

-Mike & Andrea

I'm sorry to say that I didn't get our bartender's name, but she did a great job of keeping us hydrated, anticipating our needs.  What more can you ask for?!?  :smile: 

curlz is right. the bartender kept us hydrated. i have to say, it's rare that you get refills of water without asking for it or noticing it. it might not be important to people who don't drink 2 gallons of water a day, but for a guy like me, when a bartender constantly refills a big ol' pint of water, with the grace of a server at Per Se or Jean Georges, i have to be impressed, and thankful.

that's not the only reason to go to FSS. but it's a touch that helps make it a "great" place, as opposed to merely a "good" place. i've said it before, and i'll say it again: if you have a bar, a great bartender will make or break the experience. i've not been let down at FSS in this regard.

i'll be looking for an internet-enabled jukebox soon. the current music selection is friggin great, but i'm thinking that a juke would really feed the vibe well. at least for me. and i'll add that the beef rib is "retahded good". my 12-year-old nephew lives outside of boston, so i'm allowed to say that.

i'll be looking for an internet-enabled jukebox soon.  the current music selection is friggin great, but i'm thinking that a juke would really feed the vibe well.  at least for me. and i'll add that the beef rib is "retahded good".  my 12-year-old nephew lives outside of boston, so i'm allowed to say that.

No, YOU AH! :laugh: One of my favorite quotes, Tommy...thanks for the laugh!

I can't believe I didn't mention the music, as I've been including that in my comments about the place when telling friends about FSS! Did so as recently as last night, in fact. Let's face it--some of us are of a certain, um, let's say vintage where a great 'soundtrack' in a restaurant really adds to the experience. When I interrupt conversation to say "Wasn't Asia a great band?!?" and/or "OMG, when's the last time you heard this?!?" then I know it's seeping in. Drumming on the bar is optional. :wink:

I thought all the members who have been posting would be interested to know that yesterday Bruce Kain and his wife Nelly competed in a BBQ competition in Brooklyn. It was a fund-raiser for the St. Mark Youth Basketball program in Sheepshead Bay. It was sponsored by R.U.B. restaurant of N.Y.C., and sanctioned by the New England Barbeque Society. 12 teams competed. Bruce took first place in the pork rib category, and first place in the smoked chicken category. Nelly placed third in the dessert category for her Flan.

Congratulations to Bruce, Nelly, and the entire Front Street Smokehouse and Saloon Barbecue team. These trophies have been added to the awards shelves in the restaurant.

I thought all the members who have been posting would be interested to know that yesterday Bruce Kain and his wife Nelly competed in a BBQ competition in Brooklyn.  It was a fund-raiser for the St. Mark Youth Basketball program in Sheepshead Bay.  It was sponsored by R.U.B. restaurant of N.Y.C., and sanctioned by the New England Barbeque Society.  12 teams competed.  Bruce took first place in the pork rib category, and first place in the smoked chicken category.  Nelly placed third in the dessert category for her Flan.

Congratulations to Bruce, Nelly, and the entire Front Street Smokehouse and Saloon Barbecue team.  These trophies have been added to the awards shelves in the restaurant.

Congratulations Bruce, Nelly and team!! We Egulleters expect nothing less from the place we think has THE best Q in the land. Seriously folks I am so happy to know of you guys and to be able to partake in the masters succulent offerings. I'll/we'll be back soon.

Eric

President

Les Marmitons-NJ

Johnson and Wales

Class of '85

Bruce took first place in the pork rib category, and first place in the smoked chicken category.  Nelly placed third in the dessert category for her Flan.

Congratulations to Bruce, Nelly, and the entire Front Street Smokehouse and Saloon Barbecue team.  These trophies have been added to the awards shelves in the restaurant.

Congratulations, indeed! Guess you managed to find the place, huh, Bruce? :laugh:

Of course, now I need to try the chicken and the flan--two items I haven't had yet... :wink:

I have been a lurker for a number of years, ocassionally asking questions-but I need to report on our meal last night. Five of us-all foodies, all barbeque lovers and one barbeque maven arrived around 8pm. I had called ahead for a reservation and didn't know why the person on the phone chuckled. After a very interesting ride through "nowhere" from Scotch Plains we had not even opened the door all the way when Phil greeted us and showed us to our table-only one other table-for two was occupied. Phil was wonderful, telling us the whole history of the business and answering all our questions about the construction as well. He spent a good deal of time with us and ended the evening showing us the smoker and kitchen.

"The best barbeque I ever had" was repeated throughout the evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had smoked drumsticks and chili to start-the chili was an amazing stand alone!! I won't repeat what everyone else has said, but the ribs, the brisket and the pulled pork were incredible-the texture of the ribs was different than any we have eaten-and we loved the thin vinegary sauce. Macaroni and cheese was creamy without being too cheesy and the crunchy topping was delicious. The sweet potato fries were amazing. Way too full for dessert, we ordered a sandwhich and chili to go for my son-Phil was more than generous and put in a beef rib "for later" since that was the only thing we hadn't tasted.

Well, my son ended up having to share his food with the rest of the family when he decided to eat barbecue for breakfast this morning-you should all know that pulled pork and eggs-and eggs and that sauce is a perfect combination!

So-our concern is that on a Saturday night there was only us-and two other people eating. We will try and spread the word-but this off the beaten path GEM has to be advertised!!

The only question now is-when do we go back????

I thought all the members who have been posting would be interested to know that yesterday Bruce Kain and his wife Nelly competed in a BBQ competition in Brooklyn.  It was a fund-raiser for the St. Mark Youth Basketball program in Sheepshead Bay.  It was sponsored by R.U.B. restaurant of N.Y.C., and sanctioned by the New England Barbeque Society.  12 teams competed.  Bruce took first place in the pork rib category, and first place in the smoked chicken category.  Nelly placed third in the dessert category for her Flan.

Bruce Bruce Bruce!!! Nelly Nelly Nelly!!!

Congratulations.. Sorry you guys had to go through all the trouble of competing.. We could have called the contest before it started.. :biggrin: I wished I didnt miss the competition, it would have been great to see you guys in action.. I wonder if there are any articles written on the event..

Edited by Daniel (log)

i also checked out front street smokehouse on saturday night. arrived with a friend and my girlfriend around 9pm. we saw a table of 5 or so people toward the back, so that was probably you sgschef.

we got a little lost getting to the place and called to get directions. i believe phil was the one who helped us to find it. very nice guy. warm and welcoming when we arrived. seemed genuinely interested in seeing to it that we had a good meal.

overall my group enjoyed the food very much. we started with an order of the chicken drumsticks (which ended up being my favorite dish of the night). i got the rib and pulled pork combo - which included two sides - and i opted for sweet potato fries. although it was $21, not exactly inexpensive for a place in the middle of nowhere elizabeth, i did receiv a very large amount of food. the menu said the ribs were baby back. although i guess i have no choice but to believe that they were, in size and texture they were more like bbq spare ribs. not that this is bad, but just my perception. pulled pork was smokey and tasty, but in very large hunks. i may have been too full to enjoy this during dinner, and i enjoyed it much more as a leftover -- after shredding it myself. my friends each got sandwiches, one the pulled pork, and one the brisket, and both seemed to enjoy themselves.

the food was good, but not the best i've had in tri state. what was the best was that front street smokehouse had a great combination of everything in total i look for in a restaurant - ambience, hospitality, and food. and for that reason, i will be going back... and i will be recommending this place to my friends.

p.s. we were also offered a beef rib at the end of dinner. i declined though... not because i didn't want one, but because i was in a bbq coma and couldn't imagine myself eating that thing before it would go bad

Edited by Cornellrob (log)