• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

El Bulli 2006 Reservations

malachi

We got ours!

For the survey: We sent in an e-mail on the day reservations opened. It was for any date any time with a few specific exceptions. It was for either 2, 4, or 6 people.

This'll be a fun vacation to plan.

Lunch? I thought they don't do that anymore.

For the survey purposes: Last year I requested a specific date (May 26th) but was open to any date in May. I sent in an email a day or two after the reservations opened and we got a confirmation about a month or so later. We had a blast!

E. Nassar
Houston, TX

My Blog

I recently got my reservation for Sep 14th for my honeymoon, which was wonderful news..in other wonderful news, I just opened an email from El Bulli being accepted to work the 2006 season at the restaurant...although I had to turn it down b/c of the beginning of my marriage, it was a huge honor to be accepted into the kitchen team. What a week of wonderful surprises!!

. . . .

I seem to recall reading that they're doing lunch on Sunday and I believe they won't be doing dinner on Sunday as a result. Having had one lunch and two dinners at elBulli, I can say that I'd probably prefer lunch.

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.

. . . .

I seem to recall reading that they're doing lunch on Sunday and I believe they won't be doing dinner on Sunday as a result. Having had one lunch and two dinners at elBulli, I can say that I'd probably prefer lunch.

Bux, as our reservation is for lunch, I'd be interested in hearing why you'd prefer that over dinner at El Bulli.

And you're right about the lunch service on Sunday. Here's a cut and paste from the email I received from Luis about their hours/days of operation.

Open form March 29th till October 1st.

Only dinner service 7.30 – 9.30 p.m. except Sunday on April, May and June that we will be open for lunch (1.00 – 3.00 p.m.) and closed for dinner.

April-May-June: closed Monday and Tuesday.

The restaurant is cosy and cheerful under artificial lighting at night, but I really find it more appealing during the day and Victor hit it on the nose about both the view and the drive. In addition I really enjoy having a special long meal during the afternoon and having the opportunity to walk it off before bed time. I'd much prefer to have some drinks and light tapas at night before I go to bed.

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.