• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

El Bulli 2006 Reservations

malachi

The time is coming...

Anyone know for sure the date and time yet?

Can't wait and it's probably what... a year away from actually eating the food (if I get lucky).

i was in el bulli a couple of years ago. i sent them a fax asking for a reservation in the wintertime and when they started the reservation period, they called me. that was all.

(sorry for my poor english)

I thought it was closed in 2006.

According to Luis Garcia, that was something that ferran adria wanted to do, but will not at this point. As of the end of August they are not planning any hiatus other than their usual winter stay at the Taller.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

The demand for next year is extraordinary but it is impossible for us at this moment to attend reservations for 2006 because the management for 2005 is taking us all the time. Normally we will start at the end of this season, on mid October. You can send your request at that time.

We thank you for your interest.

Atentamente,

Luis García

fanatic...

I seem to recall that he was planning to close for the 2007 season, not 2006. I'm sure there would be some info in the blanket "please try again at the end of the season" e-mail that you get should you try and book too early.

Alex.

after all these years in a kitchen, I would have thought it would become 'just a job'

but not so, spending my time playing not working

www.e-senses.co.uk

I seem to recall that he was planning to close for the 2007 season, not 2006. I'm sure there would be some info in the blanket "please try again at the end of the season" e-mail that you get should you try and book too early.

Alex.

According to what Luis Garcia told me at the end of August they are not planning to close for any year in the near future.

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

Twitter - @docsconz

• 4 weeks later...

Fluked mine at 10am GMT on the 14th, first time I haven't got the textbook reply, so here's hoping have asked for anyday, anytime.

good luck

Alex.

after all these years in a kitchen, I would have thought it would become 'just a job'

but not so, spending my time playing not working

www.e-senses.co.uk

From El Bullis website:

"We regret not to be able to attend more reservations requests for 2006.

The demand has again surpassed our limited capacity for one season.

If you would like you can revise the situation at the beginning of the season or near the date or dates when is possible for you to visit us because

we must confirm all the reservations a week before."

:blink:

4 days after starting requests...

Greetings

Andi

We have received an extraordinary demand. Let me know how many people you are and we will answer you as soon as possible. We will need time to organize the schedule and it will be impossible to find solution for the most of request.

Thanks for all your interest,

Luis García

We received this today from an email request on the 15th.

Not sure if it looks promising or if it's a standard response for people who forget to mention the size of their party!

Frances

David Rosengarten in a recent issue of his newsletter lauded El Bulli and basically told readers who were interested to say he recommended them. He did not promise any results, although that appeared to be implied. I personally doubt that would make a difference, but one never knows. In many of his newsletters he offers subscribers "codes" so that when they order products that he recommends from a particular vendor/producer, the customer will get something extra or a particular discount. I like his newsletter, because every product that I have tried based upon his recommendation has been excellent.

Twitter - @docsconz

I know it's too late to change things now, but does sending an email in Spanish or Catalan make selection more likely? Do most people make multiple applications? I just sent one short note in English... yikes!