• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Burger helper

Magus

Well, I have been working on another logo to use. I will have to decide which one. I had to copywrite the logo before I put it out there. Please tell me what you think

gallery_20145_1872_8729.jpg

I want the look to be classic. I want to convey the idea of that kind of "throwback" quality. No gimicks...just damn good burgers!

I have to admit...finding a tag line that will stick is a very daunting task to say the least.

The only thing I can think of that is kind of edgy is

"Putt'in Hunger pains in a headlock"

"A taste like no other"

"classic urban flavor"

Edited by Magus (log)

A balanced diet starts...with a burger for each hand...

http://nineburgers.blogspot.com/

Be part of the click!

http://twitter.com/nineburgers

I have to admit, my first reading came out as "Classic Klamburgers"[...]

You don't want to know how I read the text in quotes above initially.

("Our burgers are only served on white buns. Just look for the sign of the burning cross.")

Back to the logo: Way cool, and very Fifties--I wouldn't change that script font for that reason. But I would try to find some way to work that bright yellow color back in over the dull gold you have in this version.

Sandy Smith, Exile on Oxford Circle, Philadelphia

"95% of success in life is showing up." --Woody Allen

My foodblogs: 1 | 2 | 3

Hi Magus. I really like the new logo and agree with everyone else that No. 9 is a keeper. However, I was wondering what the significance of the crown on the logo was? Perhaps your slogan could somehow tie-in with the crown symbol.

And Sandy I had the exact same reading of "Classic Hamburgers" as you did. Too funny! :biggrin:

BTW Magus, Man of Mystery are we ever going to see any photos of your establishment, and especially, those delectable burgers?

Inside me there is a thin woman screaming to get out, but I can usually keep the Bitch quiet: with CHOCOLATE!!!

Okay Magus slogan suggestion:

"You Just Can’t Find a Better Burger than Mine!"

I was going for a rhyming effect with the No. 9.

Inside me there is a thin woman screaming to get out, but I can usually keep the Bitch quiet: with CHOCOLATE!!!

Hello all and Happy New Year.

I am in the middle of perfecting making my own hamburger buns. I am experimenting with different types of buns ie MY regular, garlic, sundried tomato. potato etc. I am also experimenting with milkshakes. Getting the right consistancy. I am also developing a fried apple pie. The apple pie will be coated with butter, cinnamon and confection sugar.  :biggrin:

Wow your dedication to a great product is awe inspiring

Here is the latest logo:

gallery_20145_1872_55281.jpg

This will be used for menus, letterheads, t-shirts, caps, hoodies, etc. The other the first logo posted will be used to hold the butcher paper on the burgers along with any special request.

I like the shape of the new logo but the old color scheme worked better methinks.

"Good ol' No. 9 stands the test of time."

"Isn't it time for a No. 9?"

"Meal time shines with a No. 9"

"Doesn't get finer than a number niner."

Ok. I'll stop.:rolleyes: I like the new logo, too. But the original with the red and gold is really eye-catching and the lettering uses up the space nicely.

Shelley: Would you like some pie?

Gordon: MASSIVE, MASSIVE QUANTITIES AND A GLASS OF WATER, SWEETHEART. MY SOCKS ARE ON FIRE.

Twin Peaks

New image, old color

gallery_20145_1872_7027.jpg

What do you think

I happen to like the new logo with the new color. It just seems that the new logo with the old color has too much red.

Edited by Magus (log)

Be part of the click!

I amost forgot to inform all of the new break through...Number 9 will be serving Fresh FRIED APPLE PIE! I made some in the test kitchen this past weekend and I only have one word. FLAVORGASM It takes 5-7 min and will only be cooked when ordered

I had to let them cool because the filling holds alot of heat.

I am still trying to determine if it is worth making my own hamburger buns. I have tested some buns that I have made but it requieres work. I also have to think about the future when I get bigger...the Idea of having someone come in early just to make the buns $$$$$. I'll have to toast that bun when I get to it.

I believe that a balanced diet is a burger for each hand......

Edited by Magus (log)

Be part of the click!

New image, old color

What do you think

I happen to like the new logo with the new color. It just seems that the new logo with the old color has too much red.

You are right about the red what about leaving the bottom part with the white backround and the top half with the crown red. Just an idea.

I am still trying to determine if it is worth making my own hamburger buns. I have tested some buns that I have made but it requieres work. I also have to think about the future when I get bigger...the Idea of having someone come in early just to make the buns $$$$$. I'll have to toast that bun when I get to it.

The pie sounds good. On the bun situation have you tried checking with local bakerys about having buns made to your specs thus outsourcing the labor it could cut down on your cost?

New image, old color

What do you think

What I had in mind was just replacing the gold trim in your new logo with the bright yellow but keeping everything else about it the same. I already said I liked that Fifties look, and the script font was an integral element in that look (and it's good that you fixed that H).

I might not like the new logo as much with the yellow as with the gold, but I'd like to see it anyway just to confirm or refute my impression.

This thread is responsible for the fact that I lost an hour out of my day today.  I'm just fascinated.  I like the new logo BTW.  I'm especially fascinated by the fact that this joint will most likely be within a couple of miles of my house!!!

Or maybe here in East Lansing. :biggrin:

I amost forgot to inform all of the new break through...Number 9 will be serving Fresh FRIED APPLE PIE! I made some in the test kitchen this past weekend and I only have one word. FLAVORGASM It takes 5-7 min and will only be cooked when ordered

I had to let them cool because the filling holds alot of heat.

Be sure to print a bunch of "CAUTION: FILLING IS HOT" stickers to slap on the wrappers for your pies as a prophylactic against the occasional lawsuit-happy customer. :raz:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I just read this thread straight through and am very impressed. I think you will be a huge success. I think "Number 9" is ok. I associate it with Revolution #9 and Love Potion #9 both of which have positive connotations for me...wow, that dates me. No idea what kids will make of it though.

If you want a catch phrase that incorporates the business name, keep it simple...like "Number 9 Tastes Fine". or "You Can't Beat a Number 9". And for sure, your basic burger should be the "Number 9". Thanks for sharing and please keep us posted.

Lobster.