• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner II: The Gallery of Regrettable Foods (Part 1)

Grub

:laugh:  :laugh:

I love the fact that there's another camera on the other side of the tray.. apparently people were standing in line to take pictures of this delicacy  :shock:

Thatw as our very own FoodZealot! :biggrin:

He was visiting Tokyo so I dragged him along to eat monjyayaki (my husband hates it), he said he really enjoyed it.... :unsure:

Maybe his pictures will look a little better.

Kristin Wagner, aka "torakris"

This doesn't exactly fit, but it's related.

corkscrewed.jpg

No wine tonight, honey.

I always attempt to have the ratio of my intelligence to weight ratio be greater than one. But, I am from the midwest. I am sure you can now understand my life's conundrum.

I really had to dig through old polaroids to find this masterpiece.

This is my attempt at being romantic. On Valentine's day several years ago I attempted to make something heart-shaped as a starter to an intimate little dinner. Apart from the fact that the main ingredient is red pepper cut into heart shapes with something cheesy (very cheesy) sandwiched between I can't remember what I did.

When it came out of the oven they bore at startling resemblance to those sugar false teeth you get at seaside resorts.

falseteeth.jpg

Mick

Mick Hartley

The PArtisan Baker

bethesdabakers

"I can give you more pep than that store bought yeast" - Evolution Mama (don't you make a monkey out of me)

Thatw as our very own FoodZealot! :biggrin:

He was visiting Tokyo so I dragged him along to eat monjyayaki (my husband hates it), he said he really enjoyed it.... :unsure:

Maybe his pictures will look a little better.

Is that some kind of mutant cousin of Okonomyaki which I will say looks much nicer. For a good pic of deluxe okonomyaki hit this link Don Quixote

"There are two things every chef needs in the kitchen: fish sauce and duck fat" - Tony Minichiello

Daniel. Your sandwich post in the gallery of regrettable foods was awesome. Awesome.

But don't try to take away from Shalmanese's fantastic attempt at glory in this thread of threads where the regrettable is adored. His latest effort was inspired, I think. Inspired.

By what I don't know. But inspired! Glorious.

I can tell a clear-cutter winner when my throat makes a choking noise upon opening the screen. Yes. It happened with this post.

Congratulations, Shalmanese, and thanks again for all!

Edited by Carrot Top (log)

Shalmanese, I gotta tell ya, it looks like something my dog partially digested! That's a winner on this thread for sure! Cheers.

Barbara Laidlaw aka "Jake"

Good friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies.