• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good Eats in Rocklin/Roseville?

syrah girl

Hi! We're going to Rocklin soon for a two day water polo tournament. Staying at the Larkspur Landing. (Good?) Is Cascades in Roseville a good choice or maybe Ruth Chris Steakhouse? Would love any and all suggestions for a nice, casual lunch place and one fine dining for my husband and myself. TIA :)

The Larkspur Landing is great! We've stayed there a few times and it's very comfortable. They have rooms with kitchenettes, so if you feel like cooking, you can. The area right around there is pretty chain-heavy and near the mall. There's an Il Fornaio in the mall complex.

The most convienient thing to the Larkspur Landing is the Tahoe Joe's steakhouse across the parking lot. It's yummy, but not quite fine dining. It's steaks with baked potatoes and nachos, wings, etc. for appetizers. It's extremely good, for what it is.

I'll ask some friends for a few more recommendations. There's always In-N-Out burger. :)

Edited by loiosh (log)

Sounds like all the places we have here where we live, LOL. Tahoe Joe's is nice, but too bad there isn't a little stand-alone "gem"in the area. We'll probably go with Cascades. They are offering a 20% off your meal on their website.

Will post back on how it goes. Ruth's Chris also sounds good, any opinions on this high-end chain? :)

Will post back on how it goes.  Ruth's Chris also sounds good, any opinions on this high-end chain? :)

My posse informs me that the Ruth's Chris in SF is still damn good.

I asked another friend at lunch today, and he recommends seeking out sushi in Roseville. You'll have to take his word on that.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I found the gem I was looking for in Loomis, just a short drive from Roseville where we stayed. The Horseshoe Bar Grill was wonderful and I highly recommend it to anyone in the area.

Ambiance is very romantic,hardwood floors,white linen tablecloths and red roses on the table. Water is flavored with lemon and cucumber which was very refreshing. I hadt the Wild King Salmon trio which was a selection of 3 salmon preperations. One grilled with sauce Diabloi, one poached with cucumber dill cullis and one seared with a lime thyme sauce and garnished with sweet pea and corn mased potato.

A petite salad of greens came with the entree and an intermezzo was served between the salad and main course which was a very nice touch. Desserts were the creme brulee and hazelnut torte for my daughter back at her hotel with her water polo team.

A bottle of Ponzi Reserve Pinot Noir was excellent with the salmon. Bon appetit! :)