• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pastry Chefs, born or made?

greenbean

I'm uh......assuming this syndrome only occurs with hairy arses, hence the shaving? It's not a female problem, I take it......

It seems to afflict men more than women, but it's not by any means an exclusively male preserve. As to hairiness, I'm not quite sure. Fillipe certainly seemed to think it was something to do with it, but I shall have to, erm, survey the matter further.

Imagine.....two women, very HYPER women.....talking so fast you don't know what they're saying, repeating themselves, talking over each other, talking excessively loudly, NON STOP.

During service, too? Most kitchens I've worked in, well, most good kitchens, are self-regulating. If the staff are professional, they'll have no compunction in telling the shrieking harpies to shut up. Having the exec chef ream them out is always a valuable thing, too.

Allan Brown

"If you're a chef on a salary, there's usually a very good reason. Never, ever, work out your hourly rate."

During service, too? Most kitchens I've worked in, well, most good kitchens, are self-regulating. If the staff are professional, they'll have no compunction in telling the shrieking harpies to shut up. Having the exec chef ream them out is always a valuable thing, too.

Ok.....here's the clincher.....are you ready? :laugh:

Both of the women ARE the "executive" chefs......and co-owners......!