• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Most Overpriced Pastry Tool Ever

chefpeon

i thought we pc's were dishwashers?!

How right you are, alanamoana! I never let the dishwasher touch my small tools and stuff I want back AT MY STATION in the same shape as when I used it! However, he/she can wash my bowls, muffin tins and anything else that belongs to the establishment.

However, our dishwasher doesn't come in til 3 pm. I start at 5 am.....so yeah, most of of the time I am doing my own dishes, because I need them back before, uh, 3 pm. So of course, I end up doing the hot sides' dishes too, 'cause THEY'RE IN MY WAY, and I can't run the automatic washer unless it's FULL.

Yeah yeah yeah......I'm a glorified dishwasher....thanks for reminding me..... :raz:

whaaaaaa? those prices are crazy. and the site itself has really overpriced stuff. For cake pans, basic round (all sizes) or square, bakingtools.com is the place to go!

I was having a lot of fun browsing this site until I realized that are business-to-business only. :sad:

I think if you make up a business name and have a credit card, you can order from the site with no problem. When my husband and I were doing a lot of amateur car racing, we would order from B2B sites all the time. We made up a racing enterprise called "Lobux Racing" which existed in name only and never had a problem. :wink:

I think if you make up a business name and have a credit card, you can order from the site with no problem. When my husband and I were doing a lot of amateur car racing, we would order from B2B sites all the time. We made up a racing enterprise called "Lobux Racing" which existed in name only and never had a problem.  :wink:

Really? I may give that a try. I actually do have a fictious name registered in my state and a business bank account from when I was doing free-lance accounting. Of course, the name of the business doesn't sound anything like a bakery business! :wink: