• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

8th moon 15th day Dinner

Tepee

Aren't they made into necklaces, too?

I have 3 of them , and on one, I made a hole in the bottom and dug out the meat, but never went further than that. The other two are so old that the 'chestnut' inside has dried up so that they are like rattles. No need to empty them if I EVER decide to string them!

:blink: Cool, Jo-mel!

OK, as promised, Round 2 of my Big Fat Mid-Autumn Feast. I come in peace, not to tease. :raz:

Oh yumm esp that the geung yoong wan yue (steamed grass carp with minced ginger)! Hey Tepee - curious whether it's Yook Woo Hin you guys went to in Petaling Street or Yook Tho Hin in D.U. Uptown?

Yuk Tho Hin, D'sara Uptown. Have only been there to buy mooncakes...first time having dinner there. We were told to go to Yuk Woo Hin and so was stumped when we saw the chiu pai as Yuk Tho Hin. They must be related, no? SIL's a regular...the dinner was a steal...at RM330! The children's table had Mango Chicken, Sweet n Sour Pork, Steamed Triple-Egg and Long Life Noodles.

Edited by Tepee (log)

TPcal!

Food Pix (plus others)

Please take pictures of all the food you get to try (and if you can, the food at the next tables)............................Dejah

Tepee:

Marvelous pictures! The birthday cake looks great! Without reading the narratives, I really thought it was a photo elbum! x2. LOL!!!

Q's: 1) The steamed fish with minced ginger. Why was the ginger so green? What kind of ginger was used?

2) Dessert: were the logans, grass jelly and palm fruits in some special syrup?

W.K. Leung ("Ah Leung") aka "hzrt8w"

A1: Must be the flourescent lighting. Young ginger.

A2: The dessert scores big points for its refreshing-ness, but the level of difficulty in preparing it boils down to the ability to open cans. Simple syrup...I suspect from the cans too. :wink:

TPcal!

Food Pix (plus others)

Please take pictures of all the food you get to try (and if you can, the food at the next tables)............................Dejah

:blink: Cool, Jo-mel!

OK, as promised, Round 2 of my Big Fat Mid-Autumn Feast. I come in peace, not to tease. :raz:

Great pictures, Tepee :biggrin:

But remember this?

TPcal!

:shock::raz:

Dejah

www.hillmanweb.com