• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Portland meeting - Restaurant w/ a room for 16

I'm in charge (self-appointed--the last time someone else planned a dinner meeting I was more than disappointed) of finding a restaurant with a separate room for a dinner meeting of 16. It's a budget meeting, so it's not one I'd be comfortable doing in a main dining room.

I've called Wildwood, Park Kitchen, clarklewis, and more (not keeping good notes to start). Most places don't have a room, or if they have a room, it's not available October 6. (That's a Thursday.)

We get to Portland so seldom, I wanted something wonderful.

Ideas?

Life is short. Eat the roasted cauliflower first.

The first place I thought of was Tabla, but I think Albert maybe right in the size of the room might not acommodate. Others which come to mind, although the food in my opinion isn't as good are:

Portland City Grill, Harrison and Mama Mia's Trattoria, which are all in the SW Area of Downtown

Hope that helps.

Chris

I've been looking at the Heathman Private Dining option. The downside: in addition to the food & gratuity, there's a set-up fee AND a room rental; the upside: the menus were interesting and gave us lots of options.

Any experience with the Heathman?

Life is short. Eat the roasted cauliflower first.

I've been looking at the Heathman Private Dining option.  The downside:  in addition to the food & gratuity, there's a set-up fee AND a room rental; the upside:  the menus were interesting and gave us lots of options.

Any experience with the Heathman?

Heathman is very good. I have eaten there 4 or 5 times over the past year and have had very good to excellent meals there.

Another place which I think has a private dining room upstairs from the main room is Pazzo's. And there food is very good.

Chris