• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mistral French Bistro in Vancouver Opens

bills

• 1 year later...

Our group of five women had lunch yesterday at Mistral. We all chose the fixed price *Menu Provence* - a bargain at $18. Highly recommended for delicious food & impeccable service!

Our group of five women had  lunch yesterday at Mistral.  We all chose the fixed price *Menu Provence* -  a bargain at $18.  Highly recommended for delicious food & impeccable service!

I was quite happy when the Bennoits opened their new restaurant. It's a wonderful casual dining french restaurant. Though I have to admit, I prefered their previous restaurant, L'emotion. It was more fine dining, and I felt was possibly the best fine dining in greater Van.

I'm sure their reason for doing more casual falls into the fickleness of the Vancouver market, and it seems easier to make a success of casual over fine dining.

Hopefully now that Mistral is doing so well, they can copy their neighbor feenie, but go the opposite direction and open a fine dining restaurant to complement their more casual one.

Alex Rotherham

Executive Chef

Darby's Pub