• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

If You Were a Food, What Would You Be?

Carrot Top

I'd be one of those Carnegie Deli-style overstuffed sandwiches. Partly because I'm just bursting with meaty goodness, partly because I love being over-the-top ... and partly because, yes, I am indeed more than a little overstuffed.  :biggrin:

Word! :laugh: Thanks Miz D, you're spot on!

"Commit random acts of senseless kindness"

Chile serrano.

[Please see my nose.]

:smile: What a very nice introduction to yourself as a first post, Gaius.

It will be interesting now to see more of you! :biggrin:

Welcome!

Pleased to be here -- and many thanks for your warm words, Carrot Top. [You can already see more of me and sense the depth of my serrano affectaton over on the "vanilla epiphany" thread.]

Edited by Gaius (log)

Jamie M. Forbes

"Everything I know about life I learned in the kitchen."

[You can already see more of me and sense the depth of  my serrano affectaton over on the "vanilla epiphany" thread.]

I may have to disagree that you are a simple chile serrano, Gaius, if the depth of the recipes you posted gives any hint of your true personality. A serrano is nice, but I think perhaps you may need something more symphonic as your overall representation of self.

:biggrin:

I must have a twisted mind.

I read Gaius' post, referred to his avatar, and thought, "Chile Serrano de Bergerac."

Anyway, if I were a food, I'd probably be a grilled cheese sandwich. Kinda crusty, but when I'm all buttered up and warmed up, I just melt.

On second thought, make that a Monte Cristo sandwich, for I'm also a bit of a ham.

Edited by MarketStEl (log)

Sandy Smith, Exile on Oxford Circle, Philadelphia

"95% of success in life is showing up." --Woody Allen

My foodblogs: 1 | 2 | 3

I must have a twisted mind.

I read Gaius' post, referred to his avatar, and thought, "Chile Serrano de Bergerac."

Anyway, if I were a food, I'd probably be a grilled cheese sandwich. Kinda crusty, but when I'm all buttered up and warmed up, I just melt.

On second thought, make that a Monte Cristo sandwich, for I'm also a bit of a ham.

Well, if you do have a twisted mind, you hide it quite nicely under intelligent posts here, Sandy. :biggrin:

And Gaius did need a bit more complexity with his choice (in my oh so informed opinion after seeing five posts by him :laugh: ) so you have given it to him in the form of a certain sort of extravagance. Very good choice!

As for you. . .I do hope there is a cup or a bowl of tomato soup nearby. . that goes so well with grilled cheese. . . :wink: Though potato chips or a half-sour pickle would do too. . . :smile:

Edited by Carrot Top (log)

Now that I've thought more about, I believe I'd be a peach cobbler; crusty and a little flaky on the surface and sweet, warm and a bit spicy underneath. Just lavish me with cinnamon ice cream and I'm good to go! :raz:

"Commit random acts of senseless kindness"

I thought about this a few years ago. I would be a boniato. There are so many reasons! People may not like me when they skim my surface, but if you get thorough that to my center I'm perfectly good in every way. I'm unusual and complex to many, when I should be considered common and simple, I'm easy to cultivate but thought of as difficult by some. I'm tropical but grow and thrive anywhere I'm planted. I had a record company a couple of years ago, and named it Boniato!

More Than Salt

Visit Our Cape Coop Blog

Cure Cutaneous Lymphoma

Join the DarkSide---------------------------> DarkSide Member #006-03-09-06

• 1 year later...

I'd be a pizza. Loaded with topping, good hot or cold and never fails to please the tummy. Pizza's the only food I can think of that you can actually hear your stomach say "Thank you!".

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

ROFLMAO! AAaaaaaaaaahahahahah!

I just picked loquat 'cause it sounded nice and I thought I wanted to be one. It was a mere philosophic decision, kind of like when a kid decides they want to be an astronaut.

Then I read this, that Domestic Goddess just posted in another thread:

Loquats taste similar to the hairy red rambutans. I love eating chilled canned loquats and then drinking the canned juice afterwards.

I am *not* like a hairy red rambutan. I assure you!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

( :sad: ) (A case of "be careful what you wish for . . ")

Wish I was an English muffin

'Bout to make the most out of a toaster

I'd ease myself down

Coming up brown ...

I can't get that song out of my head since I saw the title of this thread. :rolleyes: Although I prefer strawberry jam to boysenberry. (But I realize it doesn't fit the music.) :smile:

I would be salt cod.

Why so? :smile:

Mallet probably can not answer as it's probable they've packed him into a wooden box with other salt cod.

Or it could be that he's being made into a brandade at this very moment.

Not a bad way to go, actually, considering. :smile:

If you escape, Mallet, do let us know the details. How much salt of what sort, how long drying out in the cool air, and all that.

In the meanwhile, I am back to being a red grapefruit since being a loquat didn't work out as I'd planned :biggrin: . I do hope some more delightful foods will join us on this lovely table. :wink:

Y'know, I saw this topic get bumped back up, and figured the food I would have to be was a big Italian hoagy, the kind packed with every type of salumi in the shop and annointed with really good olive oil. Then I started wondering if I hadn't posted in this topic previously, looked back ... and discovered I had previously desired to be a Carnegie Deli-style overstuffed sandwich. Hey, at least I'm consistent! Well, sort of, anyway ... :laugh: