• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Restaurant Openings

Vinfidel

New Thierry Baron hot spot on Duluth est (does that put him at Colombe ?). I think it is called Vertige. Anyone who ate Baron's cooking at jongleux knows this guy can deliver.

There is a review in LaPresse today, raving Beauchemin. I'm pretty excited about this one.

Lesley,

Two restaurants that opened not to long ago, haven't seen a review on them yet.

On Notre Dame beside the Corona theatre is one called Del Canale - nice space and the food is pretty good - Italian menu, good prices.

The other is on St.Laurent in Little Italy - MB mange e boire.They serve sushi and grill. Some friends recommended it and it's very good and fresh. The decor is beautiful and laid back.

Let me know what you think if you've tried it.

Hey Ziggy,

Thanks for the recs. I'm always looking out for new restaurants.

I whizzed past MB months ago and am not quite sure it's fine dining, though Sarah Musgrave says yes. It seems trapped between casual and fancy. As for Del Canale I walked in last September and had a look. It's very pretty. I hear the chefs are ex-Lucca guys.

Please keep the new restaurants coming. I haven't heard of anything since the Baron place.