• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tojo's

col klink

Wow, 300 bucks for omakase.

Unfortunately, my wallet and value system cannot handle that kind of eating expenditure unless it's once a year - or something to that degree.

I'm glad that I stumbled onto this thread as Jamie and others have mentioned Sada at Octopus' Garden on Cornwall.

I've gone to see Sada ever since he first showed up and he consistently puts out good food. I've had Japanese friends who were somewhat foodies and they were impressed with his offerings.

He's changed the menu and the restaurant in the last couple of years from more simple, bright and funky with very accessible prices to more sophisticated, darker and medium-ish prices but with bigger dish sizes.

I haven't seen Sada much in the last couple of years but the time I did go I was very happy with his food.

Always order his Chicken Karaage. The best in the city!