• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Valdivieso Wines

chefjack

Hey all you new world wine drinkers!

I've been drinking Valdivieso wines for two years now and I just love them. They have a great sparkling wine (which was their original wine produced,) plus a great Pinot Noir, stainless steel Malbec, and a very nice Cabernet Franc (don't listen to Sideways on this one I love Cab Francs!)

I was wondering what others think about their wines and if anyone has feedback about them. I think Valdivieso sparkling Brut would compete well with Napa and other regions sparkling wines (the mousse is that fine!)

Cheers and libations!

Life is so brief that we should not glance either too far backwards or forwards…therefore study how to fix our happiness in our glass and in our plate.

A.L.B. Grimod de la Reyniere

'Almanach des gourmands'

I'm a big fan of these wines. Right now in B.C. the agent is blowing out the brut for $6 CDN a bottle...I'm not sure if there is any left :sad: The entire range offers great value in my opinon based on the prices we pay here with our government taxes and mark-ups.

Cheers,

Stephen

Vancouver

Edited by SBonner (log)

"who needs a wine list when you can get pissed on dessert" Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares 2005

MY BLOG