• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

'Dessert Fourplay'

tan319

I found this website for a cookbook publisher/development house called Tasty Central.com

http://www.tastycentral.com/projects.html

They listed this book, coauthoured by Roy Finamore.

Being extremely interested I tried to contact roy but to no avail.

Any help/info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2317/5000

Anybody else heard about this?

We all love Iuzzini's work, his stuff always looks not only great but innovative AND classic..

This really impressed me the other day

here

Lavender Marshmallow, Chocolate Cherry Cordials, Peanut Buttter & Jelly Chocolates, damned nice!

talk to me!

Thanks!!!

2317/5000

Didn't know anything about it. Spoke with Johnny at Jean Georges a couple of months ago and he didn't mention it. Looking forward to it, though. He's a real talent. Both Jean Georges and Nougatine have some of the best desserts in town.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Off topic but necessary to explain...

"Talk to me" is this expression this pretty well known chef I used to work for/with always said/says as he barrels into the kitchen.

Doesn't matter what's going on, he'll always say, in varying degress of volume, cadance, expression, "TALK TO ME!!!", to the room at large, always cracks me up to even think about it..

It's worn off on me :biggrin:

But here, when I use it, I'm usually trying to encourage lurkers to speak up, and in this case, all of the NYC pastry people who read this thing.

Thanks for the replies.

2317/5000

I'm talking.  Well, asking---are the dishes under the "s'mores" chocolate as well?

I didn't notice 'till you pointed it out.

It kind of looks like chocolate under Lincoln Carsons 'Caramel S'mores' on a couple of racks.

2317/5000

I was at this event last year. Some pretty tasty stuff, his PB& J chocolates rocked. I havent tasted anything like it except for Jaques Torres'.

The evening was great, great food, great company.... Dairyland put out some spread.

Christophe Toury made a sushi style roll out of marshmallow and coconut (thats whats in those green chinese take out boxes)

"Chocolate has no calories....

Chocolate is food for the soul, The soul has no weight, therefore no calories" so said a customer, a lovely southern woman, after consuming chocolate indulgence

SWEET KARMA DESSERTS

www.sweetkarmadesserts.com

550 East Meadow Ave. East meadow, NY 11554

516-794-4478

Brian Fishman

ahem, I believe it's "talk to me" :biggrin:

If you're talking about the tasty central link, I just went there and was able to survey everything, don't know what the problem was/is.

Cheers,

T

2317/5000

• 3 years later...

I've been waiting a long time for this one, looking forward to it. Now if Michael Laiskonis would do a book, I'd be really happy. I've kinda lost hope for a Sam Mason book but it still sits at the top of my list of wish-books.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

I've been waiting a long time for this one, looking forward to it. Now if Michael Laiskonis would do a book, I'd be really happy. I've kinda lost hope for a Sam Mason book but it still sits at the top of my list of wish-books.

Didn't Michael Laiskonis suggest in his most recent blog post that he is planning a book? I wholeheartedly agree that books from both him and Sam Mason would be great.

Matthew Kayahara

Kayahara.ca

@mtkayahara

I'd like to invite anybody who would like to meet Johnny Iuzzini to stop by our showroom on January 12th.

He will be chatting and signing copies of his book.

That's JB Prince at 36 E. 31st Street in Manhattan between 3:00 & 5:00 on Monday, January 12th.

Thanks. Hope to see you there.

I got my copy yesterday and have been paging through it all day. I can honestly say I love this book! As a Culinary student at CIA, this book has singlehandedly made me think about staying and getting my Baking & Pastry certificate.

The one gripe I have is a very minor one. As I was reading the testimonials on the back, I saw names like Harold McGee, Daniel Boulud, Wylie Dufresne, Francois Payard...and then there was Paula Deen, with her testimonial starting with "Y'all". I can't help but feel that was thrown on there solely to appeal to housewives.

I got my copy yesterday and have been paging through it all day.  I can honestly say I love this book!  As a Culinary student at CIA, this book has singlehandedly made me think about staying and getting my Baking & Pastry certificate. 

The one gripe I have is a very minor one.  As I was reading the testimonials on the back, I saw names like Harold McGee, Daniel Boulud, Wylie Dufresne, Francois Payard...and then there was Paula Deen, with her testimonial starting with "Y'all".  I can't help but feel that was thrown on there solely to appeal to housewives.

That was indeed odd. My gripe is on the typeface used in the recipe notes. The lowercase "s" really is irritating.

I got my copy yesterday and have been paging through it all day.  I can honestly say I love this book!  As a Culinary student at CIA, this book has singlehandedly made me think about staying and getting my Baking & Pastry certificate. 

The one gripe I have is a very minor one.  As I was reading the testimonials on the back, I saw names like Harold McGee, Daniel Boulud, Wylie Dufresne, Francois Payard...and then there was Paula Deen, with her testimonial starting with "Y'all".  I can't help but feel that was thrown on there solely to appeal to housewives.

He does go on Martha Stewart a lot.

I mean he even was on Tony Danza once...

2317/5000

I just received my copy and can I say - this may be the first book that does what people say IPods do for them. Its like he was reading my mind. I can't wait to start playing...I'll skip ahead to the Modern menus if you don't mind :biggrin:

I just received my copy and can I say - this may be the first book that does what people say IPods do for them.  Its like he was reading my mind.  I can't wait to start playing...I'll skip ahead to the Modern menus if you don't mind  :biggrin:

Mine came today also.

Everything about it is super solid.

I would presume some of these recipes are from the website and the website recipes ( and the 'site as a whole) always work.

A great job, well worth the wait IMO...

2317/5000