• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Picnic - Gourmet Take Out/Catering, Emerson

Anonymouze

Kilroys is in Glen Rock, and we'll be featuring our salads starting tomorrow. I won't be doing any demos until fall because at this point my kitchen is already way too hot, and on top of that, this is our busy catering season.

I'll try to make a curry for the shoppe this week, stacy!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! We're back from our homehunting in VA! Is this the place that will carry your products?

KILROY'S WONDER MARKET, INC. 288 Rock Road Glen Rock NJ 07452

We want to fill up a small "to go" bag if we have time for our hotel stay in 2 weeks and if you were busy we wanted an alternate place to buy your food!

If not how much time do you need to prep a mixed basket to go? Thanks again.

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

Hubby and I got hungry between chores so we stopped in to grab a sandwich to go! We got:

“Too Healthy for this chef” — Asian grilled chicken breast on a whole grain roll with portabella mushrooms, lettuce, tomato and ginger dressing. $6.50

(him!)

and me:

“Decadent” — port wine marinated roast beast coupled with truffle mousse pate a little lettuce and a little Vidalia fig sauce. $7

I have to admit the Vidalia fig sauce tasted like Hoisin sauce to me... it was delicious when paired with the pate & roast beasty! YUM man it was good!

We had a side of sourcream ruffles potato chips when we got home because I forgot to get a bag of chips when I was there... we were running around so much today! :laugh:

I wonder if her assistant Javi will be willing to make a delivery to the Reston VA area on a slow day?! :biggrin:

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

we had Christine and co. cater a recent party and were really impressed with the results. i have to say, even though it sounds lame, the hamburgers (among other items) were exceptional, as promised. and i'm not easy to please when it comes to hamburgers.

highly recommended.

After a few lobster rolls, a lobster salad and a Big Burp on Friday, Picnic has been elevated to "regional treasure" status in our household. But, you know, Best Takeout by NJ Monthly is an OK title too.

~ KenP

Thanks for all the thanks! My bet is part of the reason we were named in NJ Monthly was because of our friends here! Okay...here is my announcement, I was going to wait until right before, but I'll mention it again then. The day after labor day Picnic will begin its new hours...open until 7:30 for 6 to 8 different gourmet to go dinners with about eight different veggies and starches. I'm excited and already working on evening themes...Morrocan Night, different regional American nights, French, all seafood all the time, and more! After so many complaints about my hours, I decided to bite the bullet and get a little less sleep....

Thanks again!

CN

The day after labor day Picnic will begin its new hours...open until 7:30 for 6 to 8 different gourmet to go dinners with about eight different veggies and starches. I'm excited and already working on evening themes...Morrocan Night, different regional American nights, French, all seafood all the time, and more!

Sounds great. I look forward to trying your dinners.

• 3 weeks later...

Picnic is on vacation until 6 September, when we'll be back doing dinners! Yep. We'll be open until 7. Feel free to offer suggestions of what you'd like us to cook up. We'll do between 6 - 8 entrees a night, and like lunch, the menu will change every day!

If you ever deliver to the VA area you can send Javi at 11am to make a supper delivery here! :blink::laugh: He can dine in the DC area get some fun tips and return! LOL

• 3 weeks later...

We're back and doing dinner as well as lunch! What fun! We started with some cool stuff including an American Kobe meatloaf with chanterelle mushrooms and wild boar chop with sage cream sauce...I'm exhausted, but elated. Looking forward to seeing my e-gullet friends for dinner. Have a great fall!

Best,

Christine

We're back and doing dinner as well as lunch! What fun! We started with some cool stuff including an American Kobe meatloaf with chanterelle mushrooms and wild boar chop with sage cream sauce...I'm exhausted, but elated. Looking forward to seeing my e-gullet friends for dinner. Have a great fall!

Best,

Christine

I wanted to weigh in on this...

How is your nights going? Are you tired? Are you overjoyed? How many e-gulleteers and other site readers have shown up for your most (moist?) delicious morsels?

P.S. When are you going to open a "Picnic" in Reston VA?! :laugh:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
The meatloaf was delicous as was the skirt steak. it seems chistine has been busy so dinner has been dropped for 2 plus weeks.

We did drop dinner, but we're going to try again in January when we are not as busy with the catering. It's too bad that time got the best of us, because we were really enjoying it. We've got a pastry chef now, which is exciting, and she does gorgous things with cakes and all that baking stuff that I find tedious. Stop by and say hi some time. Happy Holidays to all our friends on e-gullet.

• 1 month later...

Congratulations! Christine you folks at picnic always go the extra mile and 17K is quite impressive.

Not only are you the folks with the best of warm food you can add the folks with the best hearts to the menu too! :wub:

Maybe one day I can convince your staff to deliver down to Reston VA! :laugh: It's only a four hour drive. Happy 2007 and I am sure I am speaking for others as well when I say "Thank you." for your kind and generous charitable event.

On a personal note to those who are new here Christine Nunn is the chef/owner/do-it-all at Picnic Catering in Emerson she has a storefront that you can buy delicious meals from when you cruise down Kinderkamack. Her place is sorely missed by me since I've moved down to Virginia. Y'all should check it out!

• 1 month later...

Thanks to many of you and your kind words, little Picnic is two! Yep. last friday was the big day and Picnic started with Mimosas, and wound up giving all our regulars bottles of Veuve Cliquot, the house water :)

Thanks again!