• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fresh/Stuffed Pasta & Gnocchi--Cook-Off 13

and also this:

gallery_22199_617_445115.jpg

Kelly, what is this dish? The pasta is filled, rolled, then baked? I can't quite tell from the photo.

Also, I adore the ricotti gnocchi in the Zuni Cafe cookbook. I don't know how they compare to Mario's version, but they are wonderful and light and sauteed in butter.

• 6 months later...
Quite late to the thread but i made some ashak tonight - afghan dumplings filled with chinese chives and served with minty and garlicky yogurt and caramelized lamb.

ashak.jpg

Very nice, tarelki. I recall making a version many years ago of these from James McNair's pasta book. It was one of my first attempts at ravioli and was very satisfying.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cannelloni stuffed with spinach and parmesan cheese

and also this:

gallery_22199_617_445115.jpg

Kelly, what is this dish? The pasta is filled, rolled, then baked? I can't quite tell from the photo.

Also, I adore the ricotti gnocchi in the Zuni Cafe cookbook. I don't know how they compare to Mario's version, but they are wonderful and light and sauteed in butter.