• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

South Beach-Looking for Casual, Tasty & Cheap

ktbear7476

I'm coming to Florida in November for the nascar race in Homestead. We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale and driving to South Beach.

I'm travelling with a bunch of boys, most of who are basic meat and potates kinda guys but I am looking for a bit more (I'm pretty much open to anything but Indian)...so here's what I'm hoping you can help me with...

I'm looking for a few bars/restaurants with tasty pub fare, not too expensive...we like dives too (as long as the food is delicious) & if you know of a great place for bbq or italian that would be a plus too.

Also, I'm probably going to kidnap my boyfriend for a night and have a little date. So if you could recommend somewhere cozy with a romantic mood and some good grub with moderate prices, that would be great!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

• 3 weeks later...
I'm coming to Florida in November for the nascar race in Homestead. We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale and driving to South Beach.

I'm travelling with a bunch of boys, most of who are basic meat and potates kinda guys but I am looking for a bit more (I'm pretty much open to anything but Indian)...so here's what I'm hoping you can help me with...

I'm looking for a few bars/restaurants with tasty pub fare, not too expensive...we like dives too (as long as the food is delicious) & if you know of a great place for bbq or italian that would be a plus too.

Also, I'm probably going to kidnap my boyfriend for a night and have a little date. So if you could recommend somewhere cozy with a romantic mood and some good grub with moderate prices, that would be great!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

My new fave rave is Le Bon-723 Lincoln Rd. Great Belgian beer selection, and 1KG Mussels/Frites (enough for two) is $14. Great service, too. Sit outside-great for drinking, eating, people-watching, and not too expensive. Will work for boys AND for romance.

Edited by Miami Danny (log)

Tobacco Road used to be a great place to go for some brews and music. Pretty funky atmosphere considering it is Miami.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

Tobacco Road used to be a great place to go for some brews and music.  Pretty funky atmosphere considering it is Miami.

Perfect choice for Old Miami atmo, also the River Oyster Bar is twenty feet away-leave the boys at TR, and head to ROB-great spot for seafood and romance. Great Kumomato oysters!