• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bangladesh

sweetpea

My question to you all is if anyone really cares what my people eat?

Do any of you know where Bangladesh and what kind of food it is known for?

I wonder if NYC has any Bangladeshi restaurants.  My parents always cooked at home. And when we eat out as a family, we end up in the Indian style restaurants that serve us foods we do not make at home.

I have been to Nirvana with a date.  It was amazing.  The lentils were excellent and also the stuffed paratha and the beef kabab.  But that has been my one and only experience with Bangladeshi food.

Please share with us what you can about food from Bangladesh.

It would be an honor for me to learn first hand from one that has learnt at the feet of a grandma.  What could be better?

I love Nirvana.  The chef there makes great dishes for me and my guests when we go there.  She will prepare dishes that are not on the menu and are homestyle.  They are deeply addictive.

I know there are many restaurants owned by Bangladeshis.  But are there any serving foods from Bengal?  I am not sure.

My question to you all is if anyone really cares what my people eat?

Do any of you know where Bangladesh and what kind of food it is known for?

I wonder if NYC has any Bangladeshi restaurants.  My parents always cooked at home. And when we eat out as a family, we end up in the Indian style restaurants that serve us foods we do not make at home.

I have been to Nirvana with a date.  It was amazing.  The lentils were excellent and also the stuffed paratha and the beef kabab.  But that has been my one and only experience with Bangladeshi food.

Sure we care  :smile:

I suspect there are one or two restaurants that indeed serve from Bengal (East as well as West)

anil

Thanks!  What are those restaurants?  Do you know about Bengali Food Anil?  Are you from India?  Nice to meet you here.

I gather one is called Grameen in Queens. I know know quite a

bit about bengali food. I did spend some portion of my youth with the "bhadroloks" of Kolkatta. Do a search ion the past discussions on foods from Bengal in this group  :smile:

anil

Nice to hear... will do my research.  What are your favorite dishes?

Do you cook any of them?

Thanks for the name of the Bangla restaurant.  I will have to find it and try going there.

ANd thanks for sharing that cute face.

Nice to hear... will do my research.  What are your favorite dishes?

Do you cook any of them?

What if I said Ghoogni ? or Maacher-jhol ? I did not care for chingri-mach when I was young, though I did love hilsa (sp?) -

Simon dada - do chime in :smile:

No, I'm no cook, I do appreciate food others cook specially for moi.

anil

Anil,

Sweetpea was an impostor and just a very sad person.  She trapped us all into believing she was real.  Posted on the Indian board.. India related stuff.. And never really was serious.

But this is a good topic.  Shall we give it a new name?  A new thread?  What do Simon and you say?  For that would allow us to not have her name associated with this.

She said horrible things against many people.  It would be best to have her not get the credit she does not deserve.

Let me know.. Maybe you can start a new thread now.. Or Simon can do so.. But think about that.  It would ensure that we do not cause hurt to others that are still healing from her horrible behavior.