• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Perforated Silicone Baguette Sheets

NhumiSD

Oh, god.. I have been looking for these for at least 10 years. I used the professional version of them when I took baking classes in France, and every time I asked people about them, they looked at me like I had three heads.

Thank you so much!

~A

Anita Crotty travel writer & mexican-food addictwww.marriedwithdinner.com

We've got 20 of the Silform baguette sheets and the bakers are very happy with them. They hold up pretty well, but we have a couple that began to fray a few weeks after we started using them. We tried the metal pans, but are much more satisfied with these.

Cheers,

Steve Smith

Glacier Country

We've got 20 of the Silform baguette sheets and the bakers are very happy with them.  They hold up pretty well, but we have a couple that began to fray a few weeks after we started using them. We tried the metal pans, but are much more satisfied with these.

Cheers,

Thanks for the link. I was quoted about ~80/each, this is including the metal frame and the silicone sheet. Does this price seem right?

Are there any other sources that we can buy. Any other manufactures of these for a better price? I am definitely on a budget.

Found another site but can be used on top of sheet pans, thus cutting price in half.

http://www.jbprince.com/index.asp?PageActi...ROD&ProdID=1305

-Nhumi

Edited by NhumiSD (log)

Some bakers disapprove of their use, since they leave characteristic dimples on th bese of the bread. These people think the only true way is in a floured linen couche, and then baked directly on the oven floor.

I find a piece of silicone paper makes handling much easier.