• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fonda San Miguel: Thirty Years of Food and Art

Richard Kilgore

Fonda San Miguel: Thirty Years of Food and Art by Miguel Ravago, Tom Gilliland, Virginia B. Wood will be released in October by the Shearer Press, a small Texas publishing house of significance and quality. Here's an Amazon link.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Austin Chronicle

Interior Designers by Claudia Alarcon

Fonda San Miguel founders Miguel Ravago and Tom Gilliland, pioneers of interior Mexican cuisine, are publishing Fonda San Miguel: Thirty Years of Food and Art, written by Austin Chronicle's Virginia B. Wood, as they're celebrating their 30th anniversary.

"To cap an amazing anniversary year, Ravago and Gilliland plan another first for Fonda: They will be open on Thanksgiving from noon to 7pm, featuring a Mexican Thanksgiving menu ($38.95), as well as their regular menu."

-----

Has anyone gotten the book yet? Thoughts? I was at a potluck the other night with some other foodies and they were buzzing about it.

Edited by Kent Wang (log)

Has anyone gotten the book yet? Thoughts? I was at a potluck the other night with some other foodies and they were buzzing about it.

It is very, very beautiful. I've already made the blackberry mole, which tasted great (I did tweak it a bit for a smoother texture). Lookiing forward to some of the other house favorites.

Andrew

Andrew Riggsby

ariggsby@mail.utexas.edu

• 6 months later...

The best part is that you can use the book to cook the recipes at home BETTER than they at the restaurant. Heh, heh...

Edited to add: I do love drinking at the FSM bar, though.

Edited by BigboyDan (log)