• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

European-Style Chocolate & Confectionary Boxes

John DePaula

Hello to the EGullet community. I own a small artisanal chocolate company, and I'm in search of a good supplier of custom European-style candy boxes. Currently I'm covering 2-pc boxes by hand; very pretty but it just takes up too much time. [Time I'd rather spend making chocolate!] I'd like to find a supplier who can furnish the hot-stamped box, candy pads, candy trays (blisters) and custom-stamped ribbon.

The level of quality I'm looking for is similar to what you would find in La Maison du Chocolat boxes.

Does anyone have a recommendation? Thanks in advance!

John DePaula
formerly of DePaula Confections
Hand-crafted artisanal chocolates & gourmet confections - …Because Pleasure Matters…
--------------------
When asked “What are the secrets of good cooking? Escoffier replied, “There are three: butter, butter and butter.”

I have been using www.packagenakazawa.com. The boxes are really simple and classy. They come with plastic blisters and tissue papers. They are a little hard to figure out how to fold though. I got a shipment of boxes with no instructions on how to put the scored peices of cardboard together. It took a couple of hours, but now I can fold them with my eyes shut!

I work in production for advertising agencies and have done my share of packaging. I can add two things:

First, I use these guys in Richmond, VA for a lot of my specialty boxes. I don't know if you are looking for something custom, but they have always been good for me. I have used them for a lot of custom packaging through the years. Even though they are mostly for direct mail, they will custom produce anything you want.

www.commonwealthspecialtypackaging.com

Secondly, one of our clients a few years back was a restaurant chain for whom we designed a label for their barbeque sauce that was sold retail (don't ask -- it was a national chain restaurant and the sauce was nothing to write home about). I do know that you need to use FDA approved food safe inks and glues for food products and labels. I thought it was kind of stupid considering the fact the most people aren't inclined to lick sauce off the label of a bottle to the extent that he or she would ingest enough ink to be an issue, but hey, it's the FDA.

I have been using www.packagenakazawa.com.

Yes, I've heard of Package Nakazawa, and they have a lot of interesting options. Thanks for the suggestion.

John DePaula
Hand-crafted artisanal chocolates & gourmet confections - …Because Pleasure Matters…
--------------------
When asked “What are the secrets of good cooking? Escoffier replied, “There are three: butter, butter and butter.”

Here's another vote for Package Nakazawa.  They have beautiful packaging.

One more company with exquisite packaging is KMM Product Inc

Hmmm... some interesting options. Hadn't heard of KMM before. Thanks.

John DePaula
--------------------