• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

LAX Dining Options

dlc

I will be arriving at LAX about 8:35 pm and flying out the next day mid-morning. Are there any interesting options for a nice quiet dinner and wines nearby. As I will take a shuttle to an airport area hotel, cabs or public transportation will be my only means of escape. As this is a business trip, expense is less of an impediment than usual. Any type cuisine is acceptable. I tried to search this board but found no posts on this area recently.

dlc,

For a quick answer, click on this link: Food in Venice

There is a local steakhouse in Culver City called Petrelli's on Sepulveda, as you go north from LAX. It's located on the southwest corner of Sepulveda & Jefferson Blvds. It's been around for decades. Not bad. Definitely old-school with the leather booths.

edited to add:

Petrelli's Steakhouse

5615 Sepulveda Blvd

Culver City, CA 90230-6121

(310) 398-9777

Edited by rjwong (log)

Russell J. Wong aka "rjwong"

Food and I, we go way back ...

Fleming's is a high-end steakhouse chain, similiar to Ruth Chris', The Palm & Morton's. I never tried this particular location of Fleming's, so I don't know what the scene is like. Mind you, Fleming's offers about 100 wines, available by-the-glass.

From LAX, drive southbound on Sepulveda Blvd. and turn eastbound (left) on Rosecrans Ave. towards Aviation Blvd. The restaurant is closer to Aviation Blvd. than Sepulveda.

http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/

Fleming's Steakhouse

2301 Rosecrans Avenue #1199

El Segundo, CA 90245

310-643-6911

Edited by rjwong (log)

Russell J. Wong aka "rjwong"

Food and I, we go way back ...

Thanks to all of you for the great suggestions. After rjwong's post I did a google maps for the airport and realized all of the smaller cities, Venice, etc. I was then able to search on those on this forum and got a lot of ideas. I will give you a report as when I return. It now looks like I will have about 6 hours layover on the way over and overnite on the way back, so I may get in 2 dinners in the area.