• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

California Pizza Chain, Anyone had it?

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone had had the extreme pizza pizza (had,had, pizza, pizza). I saw it advertised and I know people in California et al. seem to like it. They have there menu online and it looks really quite reasonable. www.extremepizza.com. Any fyi's?

" You soo tall, but you so skinny. I like you, you come home with me, I feed you!"- random japanese food worker.

I've had it occasionally. Seems to be standard pizza chain fare with some interesting combinations. Definitely a step up from Pizza Hut, Domino's and the like. They're usually crowded and not worth the extra effort of waiting.

FYI... They also sell some of their pizzas through grocery stores.

I think the thread title is confusing because I think WetInSeattle is thinking of the California Pizza Kitchen, not Xtreme Pizza (there's one at the North end of Broadway. I peaked inside and I didn't think it looked as good as Pagliaci's.

"Homer, he's out of control. He gave me a bad review. So my friend put a horse head on the bed. He ate the head and gave it a bad review! True Story." Luigi, The Simpsons

You're talking about Extreme Pizza, on the north end of Broadway? I've had it a couple of times, and I like it. A completely different style altogether than, say Pagliacci, but still good. They're quite loaded up with ingredients, in interesting combinations -- yes, it's <em>very</em> Californian. I had a MR. PESTATO HEAD (Homemade pesto sauce, new potatoes, red onions, feta, fresh basil, oregano and mozzarella) which was quite yummy.

You're talking about Extreme Pizza, on the north end of Broadway?  I've had it a couple of times, and I like it.  A completely different style altogether than, say Pagliacci, but still good.  They're quite loaded up with ingredients, in interesting combinations -- yes, it's <em>very</em> Californian. I had a MR. PESTATO HEAD (Homemade pesto sauce, new potatoes, red onions, feta, fresh basil, oregano and mozzarella) which was quite yummy.

Yes that is the one I am talking about. There "concept" is healthier and more creative alternatives to normal pizza chains with better ingredients. Just thought I would give it a try one night. The pestato head was the one that caught my eye, thanks for the fyi. I still wish that some place tasted like the pizza of Flatbush in my youth, but ny is ny not seattle. Will not start that conversation.

" You soo tall, but you so skinny. I like you, you come home with me, I feed you!"- random japanese food worker.

I, too, skipped this thread, thinking you were talking about CPK. I live around the corner from Extreme Pizza and have had it a couple of times. It's definitely mediocre chain pizza, and yet it's the kind of mediocre chain pizza I remember fondly from my youth, and it's quite reasonably priced. I'm sure I'll be back.

Matthew Amster-Burton, aka "mamster"

Author, Hungry Monkey, coming in May