• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mexican Restaurants in Camden

philadining

It's almost embarrassing to admit that we ate anything at all for lunch, given what we did later in the evening, but we three eGulleteers needed sustenance after an exhausting afternoon of wine shopping....

Finding ourselves close to Camden, we developed an uncontrollable urge for tacos, so we made our way to Mexico Lindo. The savvy sommeliere, employing her finest phone diplomacy, got detailed directions to 3523 Federal St, which ended up leading us a bit east of the center of Camden. We passed a fair number of other intriguing-looking places, but were focussed on Mexico Lindo.

And good thing too, we got a quick, inexpensive, and really tasty lunch.

Pedro had the right idea on this warm day, ordering something that turned out to be an incredibly refreshing watermelon flavored Agua Fresca

gallery_23992_1645_10809.jpg

It was a good accompaniment for the complimentary homemade chips and 2 salsas.

gallery_23992_1645_440.jpg

We really did just want a light snack, so we each got one taco, all of which were really quite generously stuffed. Pedro took a chance on the Cabeza, and liked it, although we still aren't sure what parts of the head were used, or even the head of what....Katie gave thumbs up on her "Al Pastor" although it didn't seem to be the spit-roasted pork with pineapple, just nicely seasoned meat. I quite enjoyed the "enchiladas" taco which was filled with pork in a medium-spicy sauce.

gallery_23992_1645_31603.jpg

But, given that we are who we are, we couldn't really leave well enough alone and indulged in the queso fundido con chorizo. This was a really delicious version of this: gooey, crusty, spicy, oily...

gallery_23992_1645_30335.jpg

All of this was about $16 before a tip.

Bueno.

Edited by philadining (log)

"Philadelphia’s premier soup dumpling blogger" - Foobooz

philadining.com

It's almost embarrassing to admit that we ate anything at all for lunch, given what we did later in the  evening, but we three eGulleteers needed sustenance after an exhausting afternoon of wine shopping....

Finding ourselves close to Camden.... (snip)

you guys were totally buying wine in jersey, and chairman newman is hanging out here now--you're so busted! hahaha

you guys were totally buying wine in jersey, and chairman newman is hanging out here now--you're so busted!  hahaha

Oh no, we didn't actually BUY any wine, we were shopping for ideas. If we HAD bought any wine, it would have only been to accompany our lovely taco lunch, IN New Jersey.

"Philadelphia’s premier soup dumpling blogger" - Foobooz

philadining.com

you guys were totally buying wine in jersey, and chairman newman is hanging out here now--you're so busted!  hahaha

Hurry - click here!!

http://www.zymetrical.com/product.asp?3=241&dc=301x4g4ro

Evan

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Pedro took a chance on the Cabeza, and liked

It must be said: it was the best head I've had in years: crispy, lightly smoky little bits of cranial - I believe - beef. Yummers.

Next, as threatened, I will be having some tongue.

Pedro

Edited by Capaneus (log)

i was just telling katie today--every time i've been to mexico lindo there's always a couple dudes in there eating huge plates of tongue.  i mean, just mounds of it.  i've always wondered what's up with that.

You wont find that in PA - the licker license is too expensive. Ooh - I am hijacking this thread with terrible jokes. I ban myself from it further. really. It's post SK narcosis.

Evan

Dough can sense fear.

You wont find that in PA - the licker license is too expensive

:huh:

Evan - go drink a BIIIIIG glass of water. You obviously need to cleanse your system a bit. :raz:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

You wont find that in PA - the licker license is too expensive

:huh:

Evan - go drink a BIIIIIG glass of water. You obviously need to cleanse your system a bit. :raz:

My mommy always said *soapy* water is best for what ails him.

Dirty duck.

You people are really making me feel old. I used to go to school at St. Joe’s on Federal Street. I cheated and Google mapped your place. I could have walked there from my ‘75 and earlier house. Actually ‘75 is probably the last time I could have safely made the walk.

Anyone I actually do have a point, I think. Though I am not familiar with the old stomping grounds by any stretch, I would think there are tons of great taquerias, grocerias, and carnicerias along Federal Street and Old Marlton Pike area. Kudos for doing the legwork.

One tip: don’t get lost.

Nobody eats at that restaurant anymore. It's always too crowded.

---Yogi Berra