• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Suppertime Buffets - Not Your Standard Fare

Anonymouze

Sometimes on a weekend night I'd like to try a supper buffet but not your "standard fare" chinese or american or a mix of that.

We are looking for perhaps an indian buffet or something different. We've enjoyed greenfields a bit, but that grows tiresome - we tried Imperial Dynasty? in Saddle Brook for brunch, and also Minado. Again, we want to try suppertime.

What I am really looking for is a variety not really a quantity. Preferably Indian, Thai, Greek, Middle-Eastern. NOT Chinese or Italian or American, please! Thank you in advance for your suggestions and your help - I want something NEW!!

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

Minado, a chain of Japanese buffets, is one of the only dinnertime buffets I frequent.

http://www.minado.com/locationsnj.htm

Occasionally someone will talk me into some other place, like Bon Buffet in Maywood, but I usually wind up regretting it.

There's a good chinese buffet WAY up Rte 17. around Ramsey, but I don't recall more exact details.

It occurs to me that restaurants in hotels are usually good places to find buffets, although it seems to me that those are often Breakfast buffets.

Lunchtime buffets are a whole different matter. Plenty of those around--even in reputable restaurants.

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

Zeiglars Town Tavern Macopin Rd West Milford...only open Thurs Fri Sat

I personally go for the crab leg bonanza but lets see they also have a nice salad bar, couple of soups, hand carved prime rib, sirloin, turkey, and ham and hot dishes...veg, pasta, sometimes prime rib sauerbratten....high quality outsourced desserts and icecream.

might be going tomorrow

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

JHLurie if you note in my post I mentioned - NOT Chinese - and the place in Ramsey actually has had a bad health check at least once a year on the average... and I mentioned that I've gone to Minado too! LOL but thanks.

Rooftop - it sounds like a bit of a drive maybe 45 min or so but if I can convince hubby maybe we'll try it.

Anyone else have any suggestions for a tasty local suppertime buffet place that is NOT chinese/asian food - preferably in or near Bergen County NJ? Thanks! :wub:

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

how about....http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=71794

t

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

Anonymouze, most of my favorite Indian restaurants (in Morris County) have a buffet lunch every day (or sometimes 6 days a week) and usually one night a week is a buffet dinner. That seems to be the norm around here. Many wonderful Indian restaurants have been mentioned on eGullet. I'd pick out a few that appeal to you, and call each of them and say "do you serve a dinner buffet, and, if so, what night?" It should take more than a couple of phone calls.

The Manor in West Orange has several great buffet options. On Wed there is a lunch buffet for $ 21.95. The Lobster Buffet is served on Wed- Sat for $ 39.95-$49.95. On Sunday there is a brunch buffet and a dinner buffet for $ 39.95. Our family loves going to The Manor.

Welcome to eGullet Loveskiing. Where else do you like to dine?

My favorite restaurants are:

The Manor

Serenade

La Petit Chateau

Highlawn Pavilion

Bernards Inn

Stage House

Esty Street

Giotto

Ram's Head Inn

Nouveau Sushi

Aozora