• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

sunday brunch?

thomasein

I would greatly appreciate any recommendation for sunday brunch.

I realize that this issue has been discussed before, but most of the information provided is somewhat dated. The Ritz has become increasingly tired in its food, and the quality of service has fallen even further (for example, during brunch they decided to water the plants during the course of which her purse got soaked and was a write-off).

As well, note that Savanah (which a number of people recommended) no longer serves brunch.

I know some newer restaurants serve brunch, like O'Thyme, but I have no clue if it is any good.

I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

Thomas

no no no no no, none of these places! RESERVOIR! 9 Duluth East, just near st. laurent. i had a perfect girolle omelette there last week, it was the most beautiful omelette i've ever seen & eaten in montreal.

"Bells will ring, ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting.... the bell... bing... 'moray" -John Daker

I had surprisingly (i say surprisingly because it was much better than at a previous visit a few months back) delicious brunch at Laika on St. Laurent just north of Duluth on the west side of the street. The only disadvantage was that the prices are almost as expensive as Reservoir.

I have always liked Reservoir's brunch (although I haven't been recently due to thew aforementioned high prices), but I wonder if the departure (soon?) Chef Mehdi Brunet-Benkritli will affect the quality of the brunch.

Does anyone know where he's going, or who's replacing him? (Or if this information is actully correct and not just a rumor?)

Also, has anyone eaten brunch at Senzala on Bernard? The menu looked good from the outside, but there was a power outage on Bernard st the day i was there (so I went to Laika!).

hey chewie.

RE: senzala, my gf swears by the grilled mango thing there. the time she brought me, they were out of mangoes, though. sigh. i've been to senzala a couple of times, and it is standard, if a bit different than your standard bacon-n-eggs. didn't mr. cornish used to work there?

"Bells will ring, ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting.... the bell... bing... 'moray" -John Daker