• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

stuffed burgers

dvs

tonight i'm stuffin the burgers w/ bacon & cheddar & bacon & blue cheese drool.gif

btw, why don't we have the above emoticon or this one: tasty.gif

seems they would be apropriate : drool: & :tasty:

:D

Edited by dvs (log)

tonight i'm stuffin the burgers w/ bacon & cheddar & bacon & blue cheese drool.gif

btw, why don't we have the above emoticon or this one: tasty.gif

seems they would be apropriate : drool: & :tasty:

:D

I once made a very tasty turkey burger that had lemon zest and fresh mozzerella. It's a Michael Chiarello recipe. Heavy, but delicious.

Click

Danielle Altshuler Wiley

a.k.a. Foodmomiac

I like to suff mine with duxelles. I've tried cheese, but it never gets hot enough in the center of my burgers to melt.

I've heard that Daniel Bouley stuffs his burgers with fois gras. Hmm, might have to try that some time!

re: stuffed burgers...

to use the little left over short rib meat from our Wednesday night braised short rib dinner; we'll often blend it into our ground beef pattys and serve a stuffed short rib burger with a horseradish spread. it's stink'n incredible and a HOT seller!!! :wub:

Edited by mangandi25 (log)

Blue or cheddar

Dave Valentin

Retired Explosive Detection K9 Handler

"So, what if we've got it all backwards?" asks my son.

"Got what backwards?" I ask.

"What if chicken tastes like rattlesnake?" My son, the Einstein of the family.

Boursin cheese

Plum Tomatoes & ricotta

Feta, basil, Olive (also good for ground lamb burger

with fig ketch :wub: up)

Ground sage pork & Jack cheese or asiego (also good for turkey burger)

Lardo

teriyaki prosciutto crackling

Hot Italian sausage and Parmesan cheese with duxelle of mushrooms, sandwiched between 2lg Portabella breaded and deep-fried.

I Will Be..................

"The Next Food Network Star!"