• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Banh Xeo Craving

Joann

My first post and it's I'm already whining :sad:

Coming from the DC area where my constant craving for good Vietnamese was always satisfied, I'm living in Augusta (and not just for Masters Week!) and there are NO Vietnamese restaurants within 100 miles (so say the locals) Does anyone have any suggestion for a Saturday lunch place with good Summer Rolls, Spring Rolls, and Banh Xeo? Gas is so $$$, dining out on a Saturday night is now a memory. Thanks! :smile:

Atlanta's got a large and thriving Vietnamese community, and Augusta's close enough that some people commute. Banh xeo's not too hard to find---Viet Chateau in Decatur has it all the time, but you needn't travel that far to get it.

It's farther than 100 miles, true, but you can get a lot of other things done while you're here (like shop for food).

Can you pee in the ocean?

Atlanta's got a large and thriving Vietnamese community, and Augusta's close enough that some people commute. Banh xeo's not too hard to find---Viet Chateau in Decatur has it all the time, but you needn't travel that far to get it.

Last week I ate a remarkable Vietnamese meal at The Noodle Club in Atlanta ... right off I 85 .. eyeopener!

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

My first post and it's I'm already whining :sad:

Coming from the DC area where my constant craving for good Vietnamese was always satisfied, I'm living in Augusta (and not just for Masters Week!) and there are NO Vietnamese restaurants within 100 miles (so say the locals) Does anyone have any suggestion for a Saturday lunch place with good Summer Rolls, Spring Rolls, and Banh Xeo? Gas is so $$$, dining out on a Saturday night is now a memory. Thanks! :smile:

Well, I live in Atlanta, and I admit I wasn't sure what "Banh Xeo" was, but now that I've googled it, I have to say I'm ready to hit Buford Highway...

C.R.

Thanks to everyone that replied=so glad I joined :biggrin:

So are we! Welcome to eGullet! :biggrin:

Thank you!!! I'm ready to cruise up I-20 and hopefully, check out Rice Sticks :wink: Will tell all, take pics, and indulge!

Thanks to everyone that replied=so glad I joined :biggrin:

So are we! Welcome to eGullet! :biggrin:

Thank you!!! I'm ready to cruise up I-20 and hopefully, check out Rice Sticks :wink: Will tell all, take pics, and indulge!

Update: Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, got a reservation at Rice Sticks for 9/3---and Kevin is making Banh xeo :wub: