• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Live Bait

LB used to have music on Wed / Th / Fr evenings, don't know if they still do. Zydeco, cajun, etc.  Dixie and Voodoo in bottles.

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

Ahem ! Ahem !, a decade-plus ago, this place was nothing but bad attitude. The wait-staff were waiting for their next photo-shoot or their next .....

Has something changed since then ?  :wink:

anil

Ahem ! Ahem !, a decade-plus ago, this place was nothing but bad attitude. The wait-staff were waiting for their next photo-shoot or their next .....

Has something changed since then ?  :wink:

A decade ago is a pretty long time for a restaurant to stick around. The owners of Live Bait were former models and perhaps that's why at the time the wait staff were model types.

The Live Bait people also own Coffee Shop on Union Square. Guess they're doing something right. That place is always packed and for me it's nice to be able to grab a fresh-squeezed juice on the run at their outside juice bar.

The Live Bait people also own Coffee Shop on Union Square. Guess they're doing something right. That place is always packed and for me it's nice to be able to grab a fresh-squeezed juice on the run at their outside juice bar.

I have with effort tried to avoid talking about Coffee Shop. which also had the same attitude as LB  :smile:

anil