• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

pate de foie gras

njpetsitter

I believe Chakra paramus rt. 4 might serve foie, i have never been there but i recall a thread about it somewere on here. Otherwise D'artagnan(google them i dont know how to post links yet) will deliver or you can save 20$ and place the order and pick it up from there newark wharehouse, they also have whole lobes :biggrin: yum.

Edit:Just checked overlap post i have been to latour ridgewood exellent foie(I forgot all about it it has been a year or so)

edit: wrong highway rt.4 not 17

Edited by M.X.Hassett (log)

Latour in Ridgewood currently has seared foie gras on their menu....

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

The Restaurant in Hackensack does last time I was there you may want to call or check their online menu. Also Porterhouse in Montvale and Old 76 House (again call/check online menu!)

I love good Pate :wub: , my digestive system does NOT. :shock:

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

Potentially at the following, but check with the restaurants...

Fascino in Montclair

Village Green in Ridgewood

The Ryland Inn

The Frog and the Peach in New Brunswick

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Potentially at the following, but check with the restaurants...

Fascino in Montclair

Village Green in Ridgewood

The Ryland Inn

The Frog and the Peach in New Brunswick

The Frog and the Peach's website is always up-to-date. Currently, they are not serving a terrine, only seared foie gras.

I don't know how current The Ryland Inn and Fascino keep their websites, but both show only seared foie gras.

The Ryland Inn

Fascino

Googling, I found Village Green here. No foie gras at all. But, again, no idea how current the menus are.

I had a first in many years lunch visit to Frog and the Peach recently...wonderful foie, but seared.

Just as an FYI, D'Artagnans pate in the vacuum jar is better than most resto's versions...