• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Vancouver's best Rice Pudding

SBonner

Lonsdale Quay. Little greek guy who runs the Greek deli place in the food court, the one with the nice, long glass display case. Check the smaller glass display case to the left of the cashier, and you'll find small plastic tubs of the MOST amazing, creamy rice pudding with cinnamon. With or without raisins.

We eat it straight up from the fridge. Addictive.

I can't believe I'm sharing my secret source.

This sounds worth a try. In Greece and Turkey these rice pudding places are everywhere - and often sensational.

This probably dates me, but does anyone remember the Pudding Shop in Istanbul , where every serious hippie on the road from Europe to Goa for the winter used to stop to score the finest rice pudding ever...among other things?

This probably dates me, but does anyone remember the Pudding Shop in Istanbul , where every serious hippie on the road from Europe to Goa for the winter used to stop to score the finest rice pudding ever...among other things?

Never been, but now I have to go. Somewhere to run to while the GF shops excessively in the Grand Bazaar.

In the spirit of EGullet reviews, here's a link

Or go right to the source:

The Pudding Shop

MMMmmmmmm, pudddding.....

Oh Canucklehead,

You must make yourself Nigella Lawson's online recipe for Muscat Rice Pudding, eat this "muskily ambrosial version" of your favorite diva's comfort food on your front stoop until you're giddy and shout "Nigella! Nigella!" into the muggy West Van dusk. :raz:

Zuke

Zuke! Have you been bugging my house!? I do yell out "Nigella! Nigella!" quite often around my household in a giddy state. The front stoop though, is new ground.

Went down to WH on a whim and they did not stock Kozy Shack Rice Pudding. Nothing even close.

Well - it looks like I may have to resort to making a homemade version.