• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

One of the Biggest Foodie Shockers at Acme

CoolPapaBell

You can laugh at me all you want. I’ve had some of the best fried chicken in the world. Among them: Deacon Burton’s, Thelma’s, and Watershed in Atlanta; Blue Willow Inn in Social Circle, GA., Lady & Son’s in Savannah, Mrs. Rowe’s in Staunton, VA, Coffee Cup in Charlotte...

I am surprised at how good the fried yardbird is at Acme. Nope, I am not saying quite is good as the above, but I can’t believe I can get some very competitive fried chicken at a supermarket in the north.

Nobody eats at that restaurant anymore. It's always too crowded.

---Yogi Berra

You can laugh at me all you want.  I’ve had some of the best fried chicken in the world.  Among them: Deacon Burton’s, Thelma’s, and Watershed in Atlanta;  Blue Willow Inn in Social Circle, GA.,  Lady & Son’s in Savannah, Mrs. Rowe’s in Staunton, VA, Coffee Cup in Charlotte...

I am surprised at how good the fried yardbird is at Acme.  Nope, I am not saying quite is good as the above, but I can’t believe I can get some very competitive fried chicken at a supermarket in the north.

Which location?

I get good fried chicken from there location in Shrewsbury on Rt. 35. The Shop Rite in West Long Branch on the corner of Rts 36 and 71 also does it well. There are a lot of Mom & Pop outfits around here they have to compete with...

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

I was afraid you were going to ask. I assumed the yardbird was the same at each location. The reason I do not know is I have it at our big family July 4 party and cuzzie picks it up. I never asked the location but I think she lives in Collingswood but the bash is in Marlton. I don’t actually live up there any longer and there are so many other places on my list to eat when I go there, otherwise, I would have asked the exact location.

Nobody eats at that restaurant anymore. It's always too crowded.

---Yogi Berra

I was afraid you were going to ask.  I assumed the yardbird was the same at each location.  The reason I do not know is I have it at our big family July 4 party and cuzzie picks it up.  I never asked the location but I think she lives in Collingswood but the bash is in Marlton.  I don’t actually live up there any longer and there are so many other places on my list to eat when I go there, otherwise, I would have asked the exact location.

Will test your theory soon by picking some up at Passyunk and Reed and reporting back to the list.

Sandy Smith, Exile on Oxford Circle, Philadelphia

"95% of success in life is showing up." --Woody Allen

My foodblogs: 1 | 2 | 3

I've been equally shocked by the quality of the fried chicken at the Stop N Shop on Inman Avenue in Edison.

Better than any other place in the vicinity!

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne