• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Washington City Paper Article On Forums

KOK

Thank you so much for posting this link! I didn't know that Joe wasn't going to be posting on eGullet anymore. I miss reading his posts on C*******d & eGullet. I wish he'd come back.

"Don't be afraid of flavor" -- Tyler Florence

I always enjoyed reading Joe's posts as well as living vicariously through his culinary experiences! He has certainly eaten meals and visited restaurants around the world that I could only dream about.

What really started to turn me off about him was when he was posting in the Donna vs. Morimoto thread. I thought it was one thing to defend Chef Donna for not finishing his meals, but when he started degrading Morimoto and his talent, I started losing respect for him.

Still, I wish him all the best!

Edited by mhberk (log)

(Sitting for lamb chops)

Lamb: Ple-e-e-se Li-i-i-sa I thought you lo-o-o-oved me, lo-o-o-oved me

Marge: Whats Wrong Lisa? Cant get enough lamb chops?

Lisa: I can't eat this, I can't eat a poor little lamb.

Homer: Lisa get a hold yourself, that is lamb, not A lamb.

I think that the article painted Joe as someone whose passions for food and fine dining ultimately was his downfall and soured the relationships (if you can call it that) with the readership on the boards- kind of sad that he's a man without a country (well maybe- let's see how long Don Rockwell's board lasts).

After re-reading the Morimoto vs Donna thread, it appears that I had a different memory and interpretation of the tone and words of Joe H. I would like to retract the portion of my post that included my comment about Joe's degradation of Morimoto. I would also like to publicly offer this to Joe (in the voice of John Cleese):

"I'm really really sorry, I apologize unreservedly.

I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future."

Joe is a class guy and I STILL wish him all the best!

Edited by mhberk (log)

(Sitting for lamb chops)

Lamb: Ple-e-e-se Li-i-i-sa I thought you lo-o-o-oved me, lo-o-o-oved me

Marge: Whats Wrong Lisa? Cant get enough lamb chops?

Lisa: I can't eat this, I can't eat a poor little lamb.

Homer: Lisa get a hold yourself, that is lamb, not A lamb.