• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

cinnamon chips

star792

this is my first post on here and i know you all are full of such great information that maybe you can help me find something. i got the panera bread cookbook from the library and the recipe for cinnamon bread calls for cinnamon chips. i have never seen these anywhere. do i need to go to a specialty store or are they at the supermarket and i had no idea??i am hoping i can find them in town. i really don't think i want the bread enough to spend S&H on chips. :laugh: thanks!

"i saw a wino eating grapes and i was like, dude, you have to wait"- mitch hedburg

this is my first post on here and i know you all are full of such great information that maybe you can help me find something. i got the panera bread cookbook from the library and the recipe for cinnamon bread calls for cinnamon chips. i have never seen these anywhere. do i need to go to a specialty store or are they at the supermarket and i had no idea??i am hoping i can find them in town. i really don't think i want the bread enough to spend S&H on chips.  :laugh: thanks!

I've seen Hershey's cinnamon chips at my local supermarket.

you are right. i just got off my lazy bum and looked up cinnamon chips and hersheys came up. they have been around since 2000. so now i just have to see if my publix carries them.

"i saw a wino eating grapes and i was like, dude, you have to wait"- mitch hedburg

I've had the same problem, I use them for baking and now they are gone. I have got to try and find some or figure out how to make them myself. Actually, I'm half-way there, and will post as soon as I find out if they'll do...

lime chips, im trying to think about that one. what would you make with those? key lime cookies?

what a great website- i couldn't even look at everything. i ordered a catalog. if i can't find them at the store i will maybe order some from there, and a few bread pans. :raz:

I had the same problems. I looked EVERYWHERE for those stupid cinnamon chips - never did find them and eventually gave up.

Then, about 2 months later - just at the store for something else, and lo and behold, there they were.

Someone told me they may be seasonal. Now that Fall is getting a little nearer, maybe they'll start showing up at the store again?

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body...but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

you are right. i just got off my lazy bum and looked up cinnamon chips and hersheys came up. they have been around since 2000. so now i just have to see if my publix carries them.

Where are you located? If there's an Amish community near you, stop in one of their bulk food stores. The cinnamon chips are available through the wholesaler that most of them do business with. If you still can't find any, send me a PM and I may be able to assist.

Ilene

i am in north florida- jacksonville, so i'm pretty sure theres no amish in this area. i will let you know if i need some help. i am going grocery shopping tomorrow and i will see what they have. they might be able to order them for me too. the seasonal thing makes sense too. its like people only cook from october to january. thats when i see tons of recipes in the paper and supermarkets selling lots of baking items.

i am in north florida- jacksonville, so i'm pretty sure theres no amish in this area. i will let you know if i need some help. i am going grocery shopping tomorrow and i will see what they have. they might be able to order them for me too. the seasonal thing makes sense too. its like people only cook from october to january. thats when i see tons of recipes in the paper and supermarkets selling lots of baking items.

almost off topic but the Amish have a resort town in Sarasota

http://www.newhousenews.com/archive/evans032904.html

:cool:

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

wow, i had no idea! that interesting. i've been in fl my whole life. everyone needs a vacation.