• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

raw peanuts

phlawless

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what i could do with raw peanuts other than roasting or boiling (yuk!!!) them? I've seen them at the farmer's market and wondered if they are used any other way.

"Godspeed all the bakers at dawn... may they all cut their thumbs and bleed into their buns til they melt away..."

Sopa de Maní!!!

Peanut soup, bolivian style.... this is the first recipe I found in English

I don't use the chicken meat in mine, but I use chicken stock. My garnish is with cilantro, not parsley, but it's still good. It's my favorite soup! I hope you like it!

Follow me @chefcgarcia

Fábula, my restaurant in Santiago, Chile

My Blog, en Español

this month's saveur magazine has a long article on peanuts and what to do with them should you have raw ones. althought they do roast and boil, there are a couple other ideas. go check it out for some ideas (personally i'd love to try roasting my own and turning it into peanut butter!).

In the May issue of Gourmet, Padma Lakshmi has a great sounding recipe for Warm Peanut Salad. The essay that went with it was very entertaining and heartwarming too.

Practice Random Acts of Toasting