• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eagleton_g

Hot Pastrami in Houston

11 posts in this topic

Where in Houston can you get a good hot pastrami sandwich. You know mounds of pastrami on rye with gobs of spicy mustard. We lack a "little Italy" in Houston. Donde deli?

Kenny & Ziggys? Do they have it? That's where I go for corned beef and they have excellent real rye bread and mustard. I have never ordered a hot pastrami there, but it seems to be the sort of place where it would rule.

Kenny & Ziggys?  Do they have it?  That's where I go for corned beef and they have excellent real rye bread and mustard.  I have never ordered a hot pastrami there, but it seems to be the sort of place where it would rule.

They sure do. They have a whole selection of huge deli sandwiches. I also second the recomendation for Khan's.

Elie

E. Nassar
Houston, TX

My Blog

Khan's is king. Better than K&Z's, just don't go to Katz's, it's not a real deli at all even though it claims to be one. Take the word of a NYC kid. The only other deli close to NYC delis, Gugenheim's, closed a few years ago.

I agree about Katz, so gross. I'm still recovering from the horror of a "beef bacon" sandwich there last year. If I'm going to gorge on deli meat it's always K&Z, but now I will try Khan.

Another vote for Kahn's. I can never finish a whole one, which is fine by me cause I'll finish it later.

I thought it was foresaken that Kahns was the only place. I'm surprised by the K&Z references, they are ok but Kahns rocks the casbah.

I'm liking all this Kahn's love in here.

I love K&Z's but must try Kahn's. Where is it?

Cooking is chemistry, baking is alchemy.

2429 Rice Blvd.

Houston, TX

(713) 529-2891

kahnsdeli.com

Edited to add:

It's in Rice Village, on the right if you're coming onto Rice from Kirby. Very small, narrow storefront; you may miss it at first.

Edited by Kevin72 (log)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0